Who screwed up the KnowledgeBase?

I was just trying to look up something in the KB which I have seen there before. I entered the word deduction and got a summary of
deductions for medical benefits for SW employees. Just a snippet here to whet your appetite.
SolidWorks offers to their employees and their eligible dependents a choice of three different medical plan options, a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and two levels of a Preferred Provider Organization's (PPO). Each plan has a different level of coverage associated with it as well as a different cost structure. Please see the summary of each plan attached to this document.
It's good to know where are subscription dollars are going. Please SW. Could we just have the KB back?
Add pictures here
âś–
Hmm,.. maybe the webmaster sees all SW users as paying alpha beta testers which require/share and/or are eligible for SW health benefits?
.. ;^)

âś–
Never thought of that angle. Hmmm.
My VAR told me they dropped it because some of the information was outdated and causing people problems. Wouldn't that mean just updating it from time to time?

1.D. Internet Tools and Services. From time to time a license of or basic subscription service for Software may include integration with and access to certain internet tools and services developed by SolidWorks. A base level of usage may be available at no extra charge for each license with additional usage available at an additional charge. Please see a description of any internet tools with the Software or on our website at www.solidworks.com for additional details. Your use of the internet tools and services is also subject to the Terms of Use applicable to that tool/service and found at www.solidworks.com/[tool/service name]/TermsofUse/ and incorporated herein by reference. When provided at no additional charge, these tools and services are gratuitous and may be modified and/or withdrawn at any time.
Add pictures here
âś–
Then, I interpret it as,.. I'm now eligible for benefits.
Looks like they are also looking for a Senior Nurbs programmer.. http://www.solidworks.com/pages/company/USJobs.html http://www.solidworks.com/pages/company/view_job.html?id53
..

âś–
The Knowledge base is back, it's just a different format and it's not called the KBA anymore... it's under the search after you log into SW website.
Regards, Scott

Add pictures here
âś–
Scott,
I really think somebody has majorly screwed up here. Search finds everything but technical information. Search will even find SW confidential information. I'm sure the competion is renewing their subscriptions just to get at this stuff. Here is a sampling.
Search for information on Sheet Metal and get this helpful technical knowledge plus a dozen vendors of sheet metal parts:
What is SolidWorks® Office Professional? How does SolidWorks Office Professional help AutoCAD® users migrate to 3D? Does SolidWorks Office Professional include tools for surface design?
Search for bend deduction as a keyword and get nothing. Search as an exact phrase and get an explanation of benefits for SW employees.
Search for IGES to find the venerable articles on Pro/E settings, etc. and find nothing useful.
Search for configurations and get a confidential document:
Addressing Common Concerns and Questions from Prospects (SolidWorks and SolidWorks Partner Confidential) Q: "I'll implement the catalog first and provide CAD models at a later date" A: CAD models are a key element in any online catalog. Explain the benefits for 3D PartStream.NET. The service allows a manufacturer's customer to: o Configure products on the fly - providing an intuitive and interactive environment for the design engineer to easily select and find the exact component they need o View 3D models and 2D drawings -- allowing the customer to better visualize products and imagine how a component will fit into their designs - resulting in increased customer satisfaction o Download models for use in their own designs with support for all major CAD systems - By incorporating a manufacturers products in their own designs, the design engineer is essentially specing the product into their designs - resulting in increased sales for the manufacturer.
Add pictures here
âś–
Did you do use Exact words or Keywords?
That is important, so the search engine will know what to look for.
I talked to SW and they said all the Tech tips have been inserted into the html page, so it's not separate like it was before. I agree its different, but if you take a little time with it, you can find what you want.
[...]
Thanks. I can find what I want now. My point remains that it is possible to find a lot more that I don't want.
All you have to remember to get at the tech tips and kb is to click through to the Knowledge Base search page, search for the phrase "Knowledge Base" and then go through a list of unrelated stuff till the link shows up, then click on the link and search manually for what you want.
Searching onthe word FAQ seems to be the most profitable search word.
Add pictures here
âś–
I had a discussion with my VAR about this. Apparently SW wants to see enhancements requests to get it back. My question is who did all the enhancement requests to make all the junk that is now there appear there?
Add pictures here
âś–