64-bit Version - Yea or Nea?

Just curious how everyone has made out with the 64-bit version of SolidWorks, and what the pros and cons would be for using the 64-bit version instead of sticking with the 32-bit?

Reply to
scottaw

Windows Pro 64 Solidworks office Pro 64 Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard AMD 4800 R2 dual processor. PCie 3400 Nvidia Graphics card

3Gb 400 ddr ram Kingston

Problems with 4Gb ram installed, works fine with 3Gb!! ?? (ps noted on SW graphic card test page).

Note the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe maybe naff, two died within 14 months taking the Antec 650Watt power supplies with them or visa versa :-( Processors survived this time!) So many fans, it is like working in a wind tunnel, lol. Air conditioned room @ 21 Degrees

Do the AMD boards/processors have a problem with protection?? I have seen this too many times with AMD motherboards and processors to be just a coincidence. First time I have seen the PSU's die too, though.

So far, a hell of a lot faster, when making sheet metal parts with lots of hole patterns.

Not many printer drivers, (HP Designjet 450C), using the 750C driver, works at basic level. Windows Pro 64 has driver for the HP 1220C though.

Hate the standard interface colours, dual and gloomy, but you can change these.

Still at the testing stage, not used in production at this moment. But I am very happy with Solidworks 64 so far.

Happy Xmas People. :-)

Reply to
pete