32 Bit or 64 Bit

I'm using AutoCad 2007 on a 32 bit computer and I am thinking of upgrading, but everything is 64 bit now. Will it install without problems on a 64 bit computer or will I need a 64 bit version of AutoCad? Thanks.

Rudy

Reply to
Rudy

It will install and run, but AutoCAD 2007 was only 32-bit and will not take advantage of a 64-bit OS. Also, you may have problems finding printing/plotting drivers that work with a 64 bit OS. Why do you ay everything is 64 bit now? That is far from the case. There are still plenty of 32 bit OS computers out there. I was at my local computer store this week and they still had some Windows XP Pro SP2 machines. Even Vista Business or Ultimate is offered in 32 bit and

64 bit for now.

Daryl

Reply to
sakoguy

Rudy: If you are a new computer owner, go right to 64 bit. If you have been around since Rel13 or before, you probably have some 16-bit programs you might be using still. But these programs won't run in a 64-bit operating system. There are also problems with some 32-bit programs a well, so, to make them run, it's quite possible that you'll have to upgrade your software. (Planned obsolescence).

Bill DeShawn

Reply to
Bill DeShawn

No version of AutoCAD prior to 2009 will install on 64 bit Windows. If you try to run the installer, it will flat out tell you that it's not a valid 64 bit installer. If you know of a way to bypass this, please do share!

Reply to
LogicOverEmotion