64-bit

What is the general view of 64-bit computing today? MSWXP or MSWVista? Is SWX-64 mature enough? How about drivers etc. What do I loose? How about addins?

Best regards Jeppe

Reply to
jeppe

using 32-bit software is just like typing numbers on the top row of the keyboard - it is just not the most efficient way of getting things done. :~)>

good ol' bob z. went to 64-bit back in 2006 and has had ZERO regrets. the only issue was a printer driver and the printer needed to be replaced anyway and with the cost of printers, it was a well deserved upgrade.

xp won't require as much ram as vista.

swx-64 maturity? hahahahaha. that is a joke! (no offense to you, Sir Jeppe). swx will never ever be mature enough for mainstream use. swx is the worst software ever in terms of reliability, stability and performance. we, as users, are quite silly to accept such poor quality in the tools we use to make a living.

not sure about looseness. most video cards have an extra clip for retension.

not sure about the addins. we all know good ol' bob z. could use some addins. :~)>

bob z. p.s. so at the speed of sound i will be found

Reply to
bob zee