CAD locking up

I have been trying to export some Illustrator files to DWG for a friend. She says that when she opens them in AutoCAD, and tries to
mirror them, her computer locks up. It happens on her desktop and her laptop. She has AutoCAD 2000 and that is what I have been exporting to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Peter
The Illustrator to DWG export process is sketchy at best. You are trying to take a picture and make a vector file out of it. There are no programs to date that do even a reasonable job of this without requiring hours of cleanup to make a usable DWG vector file. I would suggets she open each file in Audit and Recovery mode, have AutoCAD attempt to fix any errors it finds and then she MAY have a uasble file.
Daryl

Ok, I'll tell her. I really hope we can get it to work because I have a lot of files in AI. Also have a lot in CorelDraw, any recommendations there?
Thanks,
Peter

Unfortunately I have never found a program that does a good job of vectorizing a picture. In a CAD file most people follow a layering scheme that dictates line types, colors, text styles, etc. The conversion process usually puts everything on one or two generic layers, one for lines and one for text and the text is usually that crappy MONOTXT style. Anytime I have been hired to make CAD/DWG files from a scanned image, picture, PDF, etc I have found that getting the original inserted as a TIF scanned image and then tracing over the image to produce the DWG is the best way, albeit not the quickest way, to get a good quality CAD file.
Daryl

Fair enough, Daryl. Thanks for your help!
Peter
If you need help with converting files to CAD I can be reached at snipped-for-privacy@vacoxmail.com. My rate is not the cheapest around, but I have years of experience taking image files and hard copy and making quality CAD files.
Daryl

Ok, Daryl, I'll keep you in mind in the future.
Thanks,
Peter