plotting problems

autocad 2000, windows 2000 network, HP 750C, plotting to an IP address,

192.168.0.100, D-LINK DI-524 router.

this has been working for at least six months. suddenly I can't plot. autocad says it can't use the port. I have changed nothing that I know of. I bet I have changed nothing that I do NOT know of.

rebooted computer and plotter. no joy.

turned off the fire wall, no joy.

pinged 192.168.0.100 - the plotter is there.

roy is very confused, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

next I will reboot the router.

Reply to
roy

have a work around. I installed a dummy printer as a local print device in windows that uses 192.168.0.100. now autocad can find the port, although I don't tell autocad to use this device(?). but this is NOT how it was set up before. I am still looking for clues.

things you don't understand can really sneak up on you and do nasty things at plot time. I don't like being under the gun.

thanks for any advice.

Reply to
roy