plotting problems

autocad 2000, windows 2000 network, HP 750C, plotting to an IP address, 192.168.0.100, D-LINK DI-524 router.
this has been working for at least six months. suddenly I can't plot.
autocad says it can't use the port. I have changed nothing that I know of. I bet I have changed nothing that I do NOT know of.
rebooted computer and plotter. no joy.
turned off the fire wall, no joy.
pinged 192.168.0.100 - the plotter is there.
roy is very confused, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
next I will reboot the router.
roy wrote:

have a work around. I installed a dummy printer as a local print device in windows that uses 192.168.0.100. now autocad can find the port, although I don't tell autocad to use this device(?). but this is NOT how it was set up before. I am still looking for clues.
things you don't understand can really sneak up on you and do nasty things at plot time. I don't like being under the gun.
thanks for any advice.
I had a DI-524 and dumped it. It's temperature sensitive. When it gets warm it loses connections. Don't know what happens when it gets cold (live in Florida and router is in warmest room of the house.) Try replacing the router, putting it next to A/C, or aiming fan at it. I recommend Netgear or Belkin. Dislike Linksys and D-Link due to reliability issues.