take me to your network administrator...

I have little experience with other newsgroups. But I have a networking problem.

Just put a router in my network because DSL became available here. Joy. An old computer ran the modem and LPT1 for the Designjet. That was all I asked of that box.

TCP/IP problem, can't do router and old computer at the same time. But I am told I can go straight from the router to the plotter. Port exists and plotter menu IS NOW SET NETWORK "ON".

Can anybody recommend a site for a networking NEWBIE? alt.comp.networking.routers does not seem to have much, er, traffic.

Or, by some strange chance does such expertise exist here?

TIA

roy

Reply to
roy

After we hooked up the DSL we also had to get a router for our household. We called the router company (D-Link, in our case) and they walked us through the correct settings so every port worked correctly.

Just a thought.

JGM

roy wrote:

Reply to
Janice G

Yeah. D-Link is what I have. I talked with their tech support when I wanted to set up the wireless router. Used it for a while and I think the USB connector for the computer went bad. I reinstalled the router on the network for the WAN connection. THAT MUCH WORKS.

D-Link tech support was, er, inconsistent last time. Called 4 or 5 times and got different answers. Some answers were just plain wrong. I am hoping to avoid them if I can.

I think I need software from HP to assign an IP address to the plotter. Been through the D-Link set up software through my browser and I can see no place to do what I want.

thanks.

Reply to
roy