Getting rid of a DimStyle

I'm having problems getting rid of a DimStyle, it came in with a block that I inserted, so I deleted the block, and set my Dimstyle to current
and also tried purge and still I cant get rid of it, so how can I?
jmex wrote:

so, I am not the only one anal retentive about my data base.
make sure you purge more than once. you have to purge the block containing the offending Dimstyle before a sucessive purge will clear the stuff in the block. if the block was nested, you may have several repititions there.
if it still won't go away I would use SSX and look for any entities in the named Dimstyle. could be any number of reasons why you could still have an entity in that style you couldn't see.
are we having fun yet?
one more thing. sometimes I have a viewport that had something turned off in it, and I could not purge things referenced in the viewport. don't know if a Dimstyle COULD be referenced in a viewport, but I am still running R2000 out of the box. you may have more "choices".
cheers
Thanks for the reply, but what is "SSX", I've never heard of it and, yea I have purged several times and its still there, and how can I see if it is referenced ? Once again thanks
jmex wrote:

SSX is an old express tool. I don't know your acad version, mine is still 2000. have not used it in a while. just tried it and it does not sort by dimension style anyway.
how about this:
make sure you are not set to the dimension style you want to get rid of and type dimstyle on the command line. I think you will see the Dimension Style Manager dialog. Highlight the offensive style and right click. I get the opportunity to delete it then if there are no entities using the defined style.
you know, she won't purge as long as it is the current style. that's something I had not thought of.
failing that, when there is something amiss in my file and I can't find it sometimes I wblock out the entire drawing. if an entity can't be selected in a crossing box it does not get written to the new file. sometimes it helps.
alternatively, here is a link to some shareware that might help. http://www.manusoft.com/Software/SuperPurge/index.stm
hope you get it purged. let me know how if you do. if nothing else, it seems like it should be just a couple of lines of code. just some lisp commands I am really not too familiar with.
cheers
It's most like the dimension style is defined in another block still resident in the drawing. So many things to remember when creating blocks, eh?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca