getting rid of xrefs

I am using autoCAD 2004. I have a drawing that has a few xrefs that i need to get rid of, so that each block is a single block and so on. In
LDD I used to just export the drawing down to 2000 and it would get rid of them, or so I thought. How do I do that with AutoCAD 2004. I think I remember reading something about DXF's but I'm not exactly sure how that works.Would binding the xrefs do anything for me?
In the XREF dialog there should be an option to "detach".
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca