Binding Xrefs

Good morning Group
A problem some one with experience must have considered....
I have a referenced drawing of which only what I wish to appear does using
xclip. I can bind the referenced drawing into my current drawing and thing still appear Ok. When I explode, what used to be referenced and is now a block, all that was once hidden from view now appears.
Is there a convenient way I can delete everything outside of the xclip frame during binding?
Thank you for you replies.
Arie
I'm a frayed knot, unless someone's written a routine.... it's going to be a multi-step process.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

frame
Hello --
Thank you for your reply. I do have Express Tools and know of the cookie cutter but that still requires, including deleting, too many key strokes.
I am not a Lisp programmer but it would seem to me that some knowledgeable person should be able , using Lisp, to turn off all layers except those indexed as belonging to the previously Xreferenced Drawing, establish a Polyline border over the Xclipframe, use something similar to the Cookie Cutter and delete everything outside of the boundary.
If anyone out there can help, as always, it will be most appreciated.
Arie

using
thing
You are right- it is possible. However, since binding and exploding xref's is not a widely recommended practice you are unlikely to find many people who would have spent the hours necessary to write such a routine. If it is a fundamental part of the way you work, perhaps you could give it a shot. By the time you are finished, you will be ready for just about any LISP challenge.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

now
xclip
You missed Michael's answer, I think, Arie. While it may not be relevant to your particular situation, the fact the doing this type of thing is generally not recommended means that you aren't likely to find such a tool already written.
You are correct that someone could write such a routine, but I don't know of any who would take on such a task for free. If you're willing to pay, shoot an email to sites such as www.acadx.com (NO affiliation), who do custom programming.