scadline.shx is a normal text font file, not a shape file.

scadline.shx is a normal text font file, not a shape file.
I am so tired of the error message. I am pretty certain it came in when
I inserted a site plan from a surveyor into my file.
I can't find a text which is defined to use scadline, so I can't get rid of the reference. sorry, not "can't". should have said "don't know how".
Of course I tried purge.
help?

You first have to see if a STYLE definition exists that uses this font.
Seeing as you have purged the drawing, it would appear that there is some text or dimension style or a complex linetype that is in use that uses the STYLE.
You should be able to see which STYLE uses it. Try and redefine that STYLE to use a font you do have (it must have an icon next to it in the font list).
First thing I do is contact the person that sent me the fill to have them send me the appropriate fonts. Then if you used it on separate computers where other operators could access it place it on theirs also. Chuck

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 03:42:21 GMT, "CHARLES FLEMING"

That does depend on whether they are entitled to re-distribute the fonts in the first place :-)
Ian A. White wrote:

yes, I understand, but this file is a conglomeration. two outside engineers involved. politics.
besides, the operators involved probably do not know WHEN they invoke the nastiness I am having trouble removing.
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT THIS HAS BITTEN ME BEFORE - I KNOW I CAN IGNORE IT, BUT I WOULD REALLY RATHER UNDERSTAND WHAT IS BEING DONE TO ME.
knowledge is power.
when autocad loads she does not find scaline, and reassigns it to something, effectively covering her tracks.
I did stuff like
(setq    them     (ssget "X" '( (7 . "ADCFIXED")))     count     (sslength them) )
and targeted text entities which I know came in from "outside". modified some of them, deleted others, purged. tried other likely suspects with the same procedures.....
can't get good old sssget to get a handle on the scaline entites directly, and I am pole axed.
surely somebody here is better than me.....