Font Conversion Question

Is there a way to convert text to a drawing? I know that if you use a program called Flexi, and create text, then save as a DWG file, it will open
in AutoCAD, and you can then edit the letters individually as they are created with lines and curves. Is there some way to just do this within AutoCAD? I have a CNC plasma machine that can cut out any type of shape, but I hate having to create letters each time I need a different font, and I would much rather do it some other easy way. Thanks for any help.
You can use this:
http://home.carolina.rr.com/gcodemcode/ttftodxf.htm
Jeannette
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:02:53 GMT, "Rolling Rock 33"

Ohhhh great this can save my life, but how does it works ? I've download it but I don't understand
Thanks Virgi

Well I haven't installed it on my computer for a while now. I used it a few years back and it wasn't rocket science. You select a font you like, you type the text in one window and it creates an outline of it in the other. Then I assume you select File/save or export or something like that and you can export to a dxf.
I guess you can read the help or contact the owner of the software.
Good luck.
Jeannette

Ok I've tried it, but I've got the contrary problem I've got an autocad file, with the text wrote, and I must engrave this text I need save a DXF with the same text as I look on the DWG The problem is that when I save on DXf or open it with other engraver program, the change the font of the text, so I must rewrite everything I think I need "explode" the text on polyline before I save the DXF
I need your help , please
Virgi

If you have the Express tools with Autocad, think they are included with 2006 - they have been around since about R14 although were seperate) then use "text explode". This will change any truetype font back to a collection of lines and curves. May need some manual editing after that t clean it up. Have used text explode in the past for shop signs and logo's on drawings.
Hope that helps
Chris