stencil fonts for autocad?

Hi All, Ive been asked by my boss to do some caser cutting of nameplates for things around our shop, do i *really* need to design every one of those letters?
Surely there is a stencil font out there somewhere for autocad, hopefully one that doesnt need me to pay for it before i can see if its any good or not.....
As an alternative, any way of exploding lettering? I read something just a few minutes ago that sounded pretty convoluted; write some text in MS Word, but as word art, not as text, copy to clipboard, paste in autocad as paste special>autocad entities, convert to polyline, smooth as needed. This sounds like a fair bit of work for some probably quite ordinary results....
any ideas at all?
Thanks, Shaun
See if any of these will do ya:
http://hans.presto.tripod.com/fonts/stencil2.html
To convert TTF lettering to polylines, use the Express Tools "Explode text" tool, trim the resulting polylines as needed, and then use either PEDIT or BOUNDARY to create a single polyline per letter.
-Bill
===== Shaun Van Poecke wrote:

You can get the Truetype font and use this program:
http://home.carolina.rr.com/gcodemcode/ttftodxf.htm
Jeannette