Fonts

I am trying to figure out how to use the characters from 128 to 255 from a true type font, in AutoCAD. The fonts are Graphic symbols. Can this be done.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Sure. There are several options:

1) You should be able to access them as '"symbols" via the MText Composer. You need to make sure you are still using the right font as it lumps some typical ones in there I think.

2) alt-0### should work just fine (you need to use the number pad), or,

3) You can cut/paste from Word or something else that you can more easily access the characters from (again make sure of the font as the text style in AutoCAD you are pasting to, or change it afterwards.)
Reply to
Forts17

I found the instructions %%### for characters above 127. the number pad only works properly for characters less than 128. The slow entry is not an issue since I have to scale each one to a specific size and then convert it to a block.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Try %%nnnn where you have 4 digits for the character adding leading zeros where necessary to get it to be 4 digits.

Reply to
Ian A. White

The fonts only go to 255.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Yes but the zero is still required when using alt+numpad, and probably some other methods too.

Reply to
Forts17

Reply to
sycochkn

I finally settled on the copy to the clipboard from Character Map and paste into the drawing.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Did you try %%nnnn?