Clipping planes and true-type fonts

Our office uses clipping planes often. We have always used shx fonts. For a style change, I thought I'd try a true-type font style and discovered that the true type fonts do not respect the clipping planes, and show up in all views.

I've searched high & low and am surprised with the popularity of true type fonts that I can't find any postings on this subject.

Is there a solution to this besides avoiding TT fonts? Text masking is not a good solution for our office as we use lines-merge as opposed to lines-overwrite in our plot options. We dislike having to constantly keep track of what object is on top of another.

Occurs r2000 through 2005...I don't have 2006.

Thanks, Phych

Reply to
Phych