Extrudable fonts

Is there somewhere to get fonts suitable for extruding, other than what Pro already gives us? Is there a way to make ttf's extrudable?

Just copy the ttf font the pro/e font directory and then it will show up in the font list.

But you can't use them to create recessed or raised letters, can you?

I just did this yesterday. Copied Arial Rounded MT Bold from my PC's font folder into my /text/font folder in Wildfire, restarted WF and I was able to use it in my sketch for an extruded protrusion. Then it went into our FDM and I had the part in my hand this morning.
Robert wrote:

Either my memory is shot or you didn't used tp be able to use ttf's that way. All you had were 3-4 (maybe just 1) fonts you could extrude.

Yes, you're right about the previous lack of support within Pro/e for the standard outline, vector fonts like PostScript and TrueType. It was very esoteric, proprietary and restricted. It is less so now, but the technology is the same. Pro/e copies the font outline as lines and arcs, it ignores built in font styles like Bold and Italic. And its 'filling' of a font face is a series of hatch lines, placed together very closely. It's not a font property, it's Pro/e sleight of hand. And none of the font properties or text make it into a PDF of the drawing so the drawings are not searchable for text.
David Janes

Fonts are translated correctly and searcheable with Acrobat and Catalog in WF3 when you do File>Save a Copy and save as type PDF.
Regards
David Janes wrote:

I guess I shifted the discussion to drawing mode. But it started out on modeled extrusions of text or, I would guess, sketches. And in neither case does a search find text. In part mode, it's not even capable of searching for notes or text.
I see though that, in drawing mode, the search function turns up notes and I see that 'Save a copy' has PDF as an option. I'll have to restart Pro/e; it crashed when I tried to make the PDF. Well, it did indeed save a drawing with notes intact, searchable and selectable text, as a PDF. It did some funny translating of fonts or font substitutions, though. That's disappointing, means they got it 60, 70 percent of the way and said 'good enough, fix it later'. Anyway, this comes in WF3, effortless PDFs. Also means the possibility of simple batch processing of a directory of drawings into PDFs, unattended, overnight, without a computer science degree.
David Janes
Unfortunately, unlike when doing a print to PDF you cannot specify a destination page size, XY offsets, destination folder, etc. Our drawing templates start at 0,0 and this produces PDFs with the border edges at the extreme low left of the paper space, which results in cropped paper prints.
PTC also removed the Adobe PDF and Adobe Color PDF printer drivers from WF3 so you must either do a File>Save a Copy or have your own copy of Distiller - which unfortunately negates any mapkeys for PDFs you may have because the Windows print dialog opens.
I was able to recreate the previous functionality of Adobe PDF using Ghostscript and some batch files that run under the Printer Command in the pcf file.
Regards
David Janes wrote:

Worked fine in Pro/E 2001...