Box selection in graphics window

Is there a way to select multiple components of an assembly by simply dragging a rectangular selection zone around the desired components? This would be very handy for times when you need to select a group of components that include many small fasteners (e.g. editing explode position).

Reply to
takedown

Near the bottom of the Explode edit interface, there's a Preferences button. When you click it, you can select Pick Many or Multiple. When this is checked and you close the Preferences box, don't you get the ability to do window select?

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

No, the "Move Many" option does not allow you to window select. It just lets you hold down control while you try to pick each instance of that tiny set screw pattern you have embedded in the assembly. You can select components from the model tree, but that's tedious as well unless you know where each and every fastener is located in the tree. I use both SW & ProE depending on the job, but window select is one of those SW nuances that I miss in ProE. That and a proper macro language.

David Janes wrote:

Reply to
takedown