* Problem with fonts

Hello There:
I only know the basics of Autocad and I would appreciate if I could
get some advice.
At work we use Autocad 2007 for fairly simple structural drawings.
The original computer crashed and with the new one, after installing
the Autocad program, when we open drawings, at the time to print, some
of the text looks very light and in addition, some text seems to be
wider to the point that some text that goes into a detail circle, will be outside
of it.
These are probably 3 to 6 years old drawings and I noticed that some of the
fonts are "simplex8" and some have the same size and same layer but still
some print dark and others very light.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Kathy

The simplex8 is most likely the default font when a font style is missing. If this is different than the font that the text was created with then you will need to install the font used in the drawing back to ACAD. Most likely when the pc crashed and was rebuilt you lost the font being called by the text style. Look under Format, Text Style, Name of font, to see what the font is. Find that font and reinstall to Program Files, Autocad..., Fonts. If your use of CAD is limited in nature it may be of value to you to use outside monkeys for your CAD needs and not rely on maintaining the program or operators. Autodesk Design Review would give you the functionality to review and mark up plans for revision and plot w/o cost. Regards, Charles Shade
Thank you for your reply.
Kathy.