Fonts for use on drawings

We are establishing standards here and would like to come up with a font acceptable to all. Most like RomanS but it is not a true type font. Is their
a similar one that is true type?
Also Stylus BT, which is a true type, is another acceptable one. Trouble with this one is that it is a little hard to read on the screen.
Arial, easy to read on the screen, prints out too heavy. Any suggestions?
RD

their
(I don't like Roman S.)
Do you for some reason *have * to use a TT font? Most people I know advise avoiding them, particularily in dense drawings with lots of text.
What version are you using? What kind of work are you doing? Who's reading the drawings? What kind of impression are you trying to make? Should your drawings support a unified company image, along with other stationary? What about legacy drawings, and projects?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

We wanted to avoid having to be careful which color text was in for plotting purposes.

arch/mech/elec drawings for construction (think small arch or engineering firm)

Construction / trades persons and architects / engineers and possibly equipment suppliers

Good one - of course!

Most we want the drawings produced to be consistent. We are not concerned about drawings looking like the specification.

Shouldn't be a problem, is not the fonts embedded into the drawing file?
RD

Color will still effect the output if you're going the CTB route.
<snip>

No it isn't. Given the answers you gave I would suggest trying to live without TT fonts.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

their
In a previous post CW says...

I agree with this assessment. No True Type fonts in my drawings. If there is a particular TT font you like then look for Gordon Gibson's Fontasm (it's not free) for a method to convert the TT font to an shx font.
--
Bob Morrison
R L Morrison Engineering Co

they
just another voice in the wind....I've been using TT fonts in text, mtext, attributes, etc. for over a year with 2004/2005 and have had not one problem of any type. They do slow down opens, saves, and plotting a slight bit in real text dense drawings but not enough to be bothersome to me. I did try TT fonts earlier in R14 (I think) and they brought my Acad to its knees. I use sansserif.ttf mostly fyi Dave DDP
RD wrote:

Try Century Gothic
Don't use TT fonts - Aerial is the worst for bringing down AutoCAD
We use Simplex and an angle of 10degrees slope for notes and Roman for Titles (Again with a 10 dgree slope )
Simple and easy to read.
Alan (Cadalot)
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:29:10 -0600, "RD"

Sorry for not getting back to all of you earlier. Thanks for the input. We were under the impression that TT was the way to go, though we were aware that simpler is better. We create arch/mech/electrical drawings here for use in construction. I have in the past only used shx fonts and have liked them but thought the time was right to move to TT. I guess we will have to review again in light of the discussion here.
RD
wrote:

their