StarWars/Star Trek fonts for decals

1. Anyone know where I might find them? 2. Anyone know how to adjust font size to create a particular size letter? As dumb as this may sound, I use MSWord
fairly often, and I know how to adjust font size, but the numbers aren't really telling me anything other than 72 is a helluvalot bigger than 10.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci
I got a font file off the official Star Trek web site (www.startrek.com) a few years back. The file has every known font ever used in all of the series.

years back. The file has every known font ever used in all of the series>>
They must have dropped the fonts, I couldn't find anything even with a site search, but thanks. I did however get some great skins and wallpaper.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

There's your first problem :-)

And there's 72 points to the inch. So, 1 point = 1/72 of an inch or .353 mm - which ain't much.
'Avalook'ere
http://www.printusa.com/glos.htm
HTH RobG

which ain't much.>
Thank ye Laddie, I dinna' know that. So if I use a wee bit o' math and me fengers 'n' toes I maight be able t' make somethin'. Aye, 'tis truly amazin' th' things ye learn on a modelin' board!
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci
smart arse. :-)
RobG

.353mm -

amazin'
your
long to

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.mil.nav (Disco -- FlyNavy) wrote:

That'll get you in the ballpark, but you also need to know that text height is measured from the top of the ascenders to the bottom of the descenders. Here's a link to a PDF that illustrates it:
<http://www.viscom.ohiou.edu/alost/V314Alost/media/typeanat.pdf
So if you print the word "Aye" in 72-point text, the distance from the top of the "A" to the bottom of the "y" should be 1 inch.
There's no formula for calculating the height excluding descenders, since the relative depth of the descenders varies from one typeface ("font") to the next. Even worse, some computer fonts deviate from the precise definition of point size, so the word "Aye" printed in 72-point text might not be 1 inch high.
Ultimately, the only way to be sure your text is printed at the exact physical height you want is to print a sample, measure it, and adjust the point size accordingly.
You can specify font size with Corel Draw and use units other than points. Units I've used are inches and mm but it also has a few others. If it doesn't print right either your settings for scaling the printout are incorrect or your printer has a problem.
"Wayne C. Morris" wrote:

Thanks Wayne. I kind of knew about all that, but couldn't remember the details. You saved me from looking it all up.
RobG
(Disco -- FlyNavy) wrote:

.353mm
me
amazin'
height
Hi,

Do a google search. Here's one site that came up:
http://virtualgraphicsworld.freeservers.com/startrek.htm
The first one looks like the microgamma bold extended font (or something like that) which is close to what is used on the movie-era ships.
2. Anyone know how to adjust font size to create a particular size letter?
Click in the font size box and type whatever integer size you want (33, 71, etc...)
Good luck and have fun! - Eric :)
I bought a disk of fonts by Bitstream Lil Bits called Star Trek Font Pack.
It contained many different TV, movie and even Klingon fonts. Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at http://www.armorama.com/motorpool