Star decals

Hi! I have a question that I hope some of you airplane or tank modellers can help me with.

I'm currently building a (resin) Aurora Wonder Woman kit. In cleaning up the seams on her briefs, the engraved stars are being sanded off. Hand-painting them back on is going to be impractical....

What I really need is a decal sheet of white stars, about 1/8 inch (3 mm) across. I'd prefer just the stars, no roundels. I suppose rub-ons would be okay, but I'd really rather have decals.

  1. Does anyone make a decal sheet of stars? Various sizes, in the neighborhood of 1/8 inch, would be best.

  1. Is there a place on the Web where I can see a comprehensive listing, with pics, of decal sheets available?

Thanks in advance--

Steve H

Reply to
snh9728

Try Archer Dry Transfers,

Click on the Browse and Shop button/link, click on the US Armor category, and you'll find several sheets of white stars available.

They work great.

Reply to
Steve

Hi Steven I think Superscale or Microscale had a set of decals like that for the City of Jacksonville F106. Seem to remember some seperate stars in white with the Black Magic mask for the flag scheme F117. you may also be able to use vinyl decals from a sticker shop at the mall, they seem to make a lot of differnt things.

David Campbell

Reply to
D. Campbell

Thanks, I'll look into the decals. Have looked at some sticker shops; their stuff is usually too large.

Steve H

"D. Campbell" wrote:

Reply to
snh9728

After flailing around with Google a while, I finally got a brainstorm, went to Walthers.com, and typed "star decal" in their search engine. Found two or three things that looked as though they'd do. My order is on the way. Geez, I love Walthers.

Steve H

snh9728 wrote:

Reply to
snh9728