Decals for armor.

I dug an old 25 year old Peerless 1/35 1-1/2 ton Dodge Personnel Carrier out of the stash last week and started to put it together. The white decals had yellowed and refused to come off the decal backing anyway. Is there a secret to wetting the decal sheet with some liquid or mixture other than plain warm water? If all else fails, I'll have to get new decals. Does anyone know where can I get some 1/35 decals of generic US white stars for armor and vehicles? I searched around, but it seems all are for aircraft.

Reply to
willshak

There are a couple of methods, such as using the Microscale product to create decals (can't recall the precise name but somebody will have it.) However, sounds like the decals are dead and gone. (They were also not quite right in the first place.)

Archer Fine Transfers has a couple of sheets, one of the Medical Corps stuff (crosses on white, cadeucus markings. etc.) as well as generic bumper codes and serial numbers. You may want to check with their offerings to see about getting both usable and better markings.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

on 11/13/2007 8:16 PM snipped-for-privacy@aol.com said the following:

I have both Microsol and Microset, but I haven't tried either. I figured that if I weathered it enough the color of the decals won't matter. :-)

Thanks.

Reply to
willshak