aurora "blue knight"

I picked up the old Aurora Blue Knight kit at the Nats in Va Beach last
year. The plastic is a shiny medium-dark blue. The color of the plastic if
fairly similar to the color on the box art. In building this kit, I'm
wondering if I should paint it with a metalizer, or simply polish the
plastic. There are also a LOT of engraved lines which need to be filled with
gold colored paint or ink to simulate the gold inlay.
Is anyone familiar with this kit? Any suggestions about how to address the
issue of painting it?
Thanks,
Lee
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Reply to
Lee
Yep and I recommend a product called "Rub n Buff" for filling in the filigree. I built mine, sanded the joints and then polished over the seams with Brasso. The Rub n Buff is applied (I'd look for gold colour) over those engraved areas and polished off. The gold will stay in the engravings nicely. Rub n Buff can usually be found at a craft store and sometimes at a hardware store. HTH.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak