aurora "blue knight"

I picked up the old Aurora Blue Knight kit at the Nats in Va Beach last year. The plastic is a shiny medium-dark blue. The color of the plastic if fairly similar to the color on the box art. In building this kit, I'm wondering if I should paint it with a metalizer, or simply polish the plastic. There are also a LOT of engraved lines which need to be filled with gold colored paint or ink to simulate the gold inlay.

Is anyone familiar with this kit? Any suggestions about how to address the issue of painting it?

Thanks,

Lee

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Lee

Yep and I recommend a product called "Rub n Buff" for filling in the filigree. I built mine, sanded the joints and then polished over the seams with Brasso. The Rub n Buff is applied (I'd look for gold colour) over those engraved areas and polished off. The gold will stay in the engravings nicely. Rub n Buff can usually be found at a craft store and sometimes at a hardware store. HTH.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak