New SAMI page 439

Has any one seen this "Notice to Trade" ad in the May issue? The ad states that Hobbycraft Canada is the owner of certain model molds and that they were sold by "Idea Plastic Model Campany" to "Academy".There are alot of kits listed.. It also states that Hobbycraft intends to take action against any one that makes offers for sale or sells products made by Academy that were originally Hobbycraft molds. This includes the 1/144 B-47, B-58 and alot of 1/72 and 1/48 kits. I have alot of these myself that have been issued by Academy also. The this mean no ebays sales or the plastic police will be at my door? Thought you guys would like to hear this.

Steve Jahn

Reply to
Steve Jahn

I don't think it matters as far as eBay, given that Hobbycraft, Idea, Academy, etc. wouldn't see a dime of ebay sales (unless, I suppose, you're a store owner with an eBay front.)

Reply to
EGMcCann

I've been wondering what the heck took Hobbycraft so long to take action. Those kits appeared in Academy boxes at least two years ago.

Reply to
Jim Whitley

Given that a healthy number of early Idea and Hobbycraft kits were rip offs of Fujimi, Hasegawa and Italeri kit's (the EA-6, Mig 23/27 Tracker and F-5 /T38's spring immediately to mind) I wonder at their legal standing in making such a statement.

Reply to
Umineko

It's amazing what lawyers can forget when they smell money. :(

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

you mean like history, the law, integrity and fair play? nahhhh.

"When the law is against you, argue the facts. When the facts are against you, argue the law". ( I forget what famous attorney said this).

Art

Reply to
Art Murray