1/72 scale stand needed

I am building an Italeri kit of an Su-32/34. I am building it "gear up" so I would like to get a stand for it to sit on. Does anyone have an extra one from some other kit that you could send me? I can modify the model and/or the stand easily enough that it really doesnt matter what model it was from so long as the size is appropriate. I plan to mount this, and my Su-47 Berkut, model in the back of my car- a Volkwagen New Beetle that I am styling after the Berkut. Need a stand to do that. I would be happy to pay the shipping. I can do paypal. If ya got a stand laying around that you're not gonna use please help me out.

Thanks Dave Wood Ravenna Ohio USA

Reply to
David Wood

what are the dimensions?

I left a plastic model on the back shelf once - and it "melted". Suggest you test this idea first with a cheapo kit you don't spend much time on...

Reply to
Jack G

Several years ago one of our local IPMSers, Antonin Nixon, had a C-47 mounted on the hood of his car. He had replaced the prop shafts with tiny ball bearing races and the props turned nicely in the breeze. He had painted it a metalic silver overall with no markings.

We lost Antonin in the crash of the Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon in Clear Lake, CA. He was riding in the nose, taking turns with the passenger riding in the belly gun position, where I often rode.

He was an unusual and very nice young man.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

About 30 odd years ago I left a Hawk 1/48 P-51D sitting on the rear shelf of my dad's car. a day or 2 later when I remembered it, It was still intact, but was all shriveled up. I kept it around for years just for fun. I'd suggest if you want to display a model in your car, get a diecast one.

Reply to
famvburg

i may have a very old stand from a Matchbox model that might do from one of their larger kits like the Canberra PR9. i'll take a look and let you know.

trevor

Reply to
87015

Dave,

I've got a stand from an Academy F-84E that you're welcome to. Drop me a line with your snail mail address.

Cheers,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

Thanks for the offers and the information guys. Sounds like I may have to rethink this idea. There is a 1/144 scale die cast model of the Su-47 Berkut available. That is the one I really need in the car. So I may just display the two plastic kits in my hobby room. I am getting a vinyl graphic of the Berkut made for my windshield, I will have some extras anyone interested in one?

Reply to
David Wood

Next question would be, do you think someone might break in your car for the 'toy airplane'?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Well....remember that the stands that usually come with kits are pretty cheesy looking; and a model/project is only as good as its weakest limk.....

Why not mount it on a fine wooden base, with something like brass rod? You could incorporate the Russian Star on the base. Or the base could have on it an aerial map of the patrol area of the subject. Or any of a hundred other creative ideas....

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Not if the die-cast comes with one of those removable faceplates like a good car stereo.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Airfix now sell 3-packs of their standard inflight aircraft stands for about £1 each, are they available from somewhere near you/online?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley