HELP: Su-27 / 35 Canopy

Hello,

Picked up a copy of the Berkut Su-35 in 1/72. Its pretty primitive - but i am persisting with it anyway.

the one area that has got me stumped is the canopy. Ive tried plug-forming a replacement, to no avail. The one supplied with the kit is just totally the wrong shape.

Has any one got an accurate, spare Su-27 or Su-35 canopy sitting around? or is there anyone out there that can plug-form a replacement for me?

please help :(

David.

Reply to
David Bowyer

Hello,

Picked up a copy of the Berkut Su-35 in 1/72. Its pretty primitive - but i am persisting with it anyway.

the one area that has got me stumped is the canopy. Ive tried plug-forming a replacement, to no avail. The one supplied with the kit is just totally the wrong shape.

Has any one got an accurate, spare Su-27 or Su-35 canopy sitting around? or is there anyone out there that can plug-form a replacement for me? i am willing to trade - i have some decals and canopies.

please help :(

David.

Reply to
David Bowyer

David I have one here you can have I am converting mine into an Su-34 so don't need the canopy. drop me an email with an addy and I'll mail it to you

Reply to
Umineko

You're converting a 1:72 scale Su-27 into a Su-34 ??

What for - when there is the Italeri/Revell(and now Tamiya) kit of the Su-34 ?

Puzzled.

As for David's request - the only vacform Flanker canopy that I know of is the Su-27UB one from Aeroclub - there aren't any available for Su-27's or Su-35's.

Don't for get that the Su-35 windscreen has an offset IRST ball - the ball on the Su-27 is centrally mounted.

Finally - why go with the Berkut (aka Nakotne/Encore/Eagle) kit of the Su-35

- it isn't very accurate. I always use the Airfix kit - it's a crap kit - but at least IMHO, it is an accurate model from which to start conversion to a Su-35 - see my articles on Linden Hill's website at :-

You could alos check out my survey of all the (currently) available Flanker kits at :-
Happy (Flanker) modelling............

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Reply to
Umineko