Italeri 1/72 B-52 in April?

Any more info?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Since it's a D model, I bet it's Monogram's.

Reply to
frank

Judging by the engines and paint job, the aircraft in the photo is an F model. But since the Mk3 Wessex on the linked page is labelled as a Mk2, who knows?

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

Reply to
Steve Jahn

I see the engines now. Maybe they updated the Monogram. Looks like a bunch of their 1.48 stuff could be Monogram stuff tho.

Reply to
frank

Wouldn't it be funny if it was the old Aurora kit which Monogram probably got in the '70s & it was updated like Monogram did with a lot of Aurora kits?

Reply to
frank

How 'bout that 1/72 A-26C?? :)

Reply to
frank

Willing to bet it's the AMT kit and they have just used the first photo of a B-52 they couild find Remove nospam to reply!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming

"frank" wrote

I think that's a photo of a real plane, hence assuming that it's anything other than a "B-52" is pushing it. Note that they don't claim a model in the description.

Thinking about it, didn't Italeri buy the AMT molds (see also the 1/48 A-20)? I'd say it'd more likely be one of those.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I was wondering about that pic myself. "B-52" is just too generic. Especially if it's the God-awful AMT kit, they really blew with the tall-tailed BUFF pic.

Reply to
frank

The way molds float around these days you have to be a bloody Sherlock Holmes to keep track of which kit is genuinely new and which is someone's old cast off.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Reckon the Wessex is the old Matchbox?

Reply to
frank

frank offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

I was just thinking that myself!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

If the contents of the box live up to the picture rather than the caption, I'd say it was the Revell HAS.3 tooling of the Italeri / Revell H-34 kit that was released a few years back. Very welcome too, as the Revell kit is difficult to find these days. Plus there's already an aftermarket detail set for it

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

They have already released the B-26K Counter Invader in Europe, still hasn't got over here yet :(

Reply to
Mark M

Yeah, I finally gave up waiting & ordered one from Hannant's the other day, as long as I was ordering Trumpeter's Blackjack.

Reply to
frank

I have 2 of those kits st on my shelf, along with Italeri's RAF version, and got the cobra co bits, although from the top of my head i had a mixed media set for commando helo, not sure what i have a RN version

Always wanted to build a RN version, but only having 2 i wouldnt. but not hopfully its back out and that kit not teh Mbox i may get one done this year!!

Reply to
jules