Help Italeri 1/72 P-47N

Hello,

I'm trying to build the P-47N of Italeri, there are some difficulties about the wing fuselage joint, but after putting them together with a lot of Tamiya putty, I got a surprise there is an angle between wings and fuselage nor great as on a Sabre but easily 5 mm on the length. You could have a look at a picture (27Ko)

.

Could some help if this angle is correct or not? I have compared with the P-47D of Academy and there is an angle too.

Reply to
Jose-Manuel Estevez

If you are referring to the sweepback on the leading edge of the wing, The kit matches the drawings of a P-47N in Aero Detail. I would say it is correct.

Mine is finished and sitting on the shelf alongside a couple "normal" Thunderbolts. It looks just fine to me.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Filer

Thanks a lot for the answer, I have hesitate to throw the plane. Have you had problems with the joint of the wings or it's just me? Best regards Manuel "Norm Filer" a écrit dans le message de news:buifc.30740$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc03.gnilink.net...

Reply to
Jose-Manuel Estevez

I dunno, Norm - take a look at this pic. It could be the angle but I don't see any sweepback at all on the leading edges.

From the pics you posted on the 72ndscaleUSmilair Yahoo! Group it does look great. But you know how I am...... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

You finished a just released kit? I envy you; someday they'll invent a pill for this procrastination complex I've got. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

That particular shot is not neccessarily a good angle to discern an angle. 8^) There is a bit of a sweepback on the drawings I looked at although it's not real pronounced. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

You and I would both forget to take ours.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

ROTFLOL! The Keeper (of too much crap)