Inserts

We all know that inserts in a kit are a mixed blessing. They allow a multitude of different versions to be offered by the manufacturer, but on the other had they usually require a bit of cleaning up.

But it depends on the kit.

I'm currently building the Tamiya 1/48 P-47D Bubbletop. There are inserts on the wing undersurfaces, the fuselage sides and the upper fuselage decking. So... I was well prepared with the wet-and-dry. Imagine my surprise to find that all you need to do is to push the insert into place and run a bit of liquid cement around it. Sorted! Joint lines coincide with panel lines and look exactly like the engraved panel lines.

What a kit!!!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Same thing with the Tamiya 1/48 Do 335. Amazing !! (shame the dog got to that one...)

Reply to
AM