P-47D Razorback poll

As far as I know there are three companies that make 1/48 P-47D razorback kits. They are all about the same price so,

Which would the group advise buying? My skill level is more than beginner and less than expert.

Thanks

Reply to
Chezelwig

I'd go with the Tamiya. I've built the Arii kit twice and the Hasegawa once. The Tamiya is much nicer than the others, in my opinion, in accuracy, detail, and engineering.

--- Stephen Tontoni Seattle, WA

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

You forgot the Monogram kit. 8-) I second your opinion of the Tamiya kit, though. I've still got a couple of Monograms to build and use for Koster's XP-47J and XP-72 conversions.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Wait for another HobbyLobby half-off sale and get both Tamiya P-47's for the price of one.

Reply to
tomcervo

Tamiya it is! Thanks.

Reply to
Chezelwig

Any idea on when the next one may come up?

Reply to
jwadetjpp

Reply to
Andy Irving

I'd go with Tamiya for any P-47 in 1/48 or 1/72. Their Razorback is especially nice.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Actually, there are 4. Tamiya, Hasegawa, Academy and the oldest of the quartet by Monogram. Generally the Tamiya kit is rated the best, the Hasegawa kit goes together nicely but there are some issues with the fuselage profile being too shallow. The Monogram kit has some issues with the supercharger exhaust opening and has raised panel lines. I cannot comment on the Academy kit, never built it.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Did Monogram make a Razorback P-47? I remember the bubbletop one. But the old Hawk kit didn't get mentioned.

Reply to
frank

Yes, shortly after I used the razorback from the Hawk kit to do a conversion on Monogram's bubbletop... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Arii/Otaki made one.

Reply to