1/48 P-47 Question

Does any manufacturer make a 1/48 scale P-47 kit depicting a P-47D-16-RE razorback? I have the older Hasegawa 1/48 P-47D (kit number Jt57 from 1998) which purports to be a P-47D-15 or a -20. I know there were some differences in the -15 and -20 on the wing pylons but I don't know which variant the Hasegawa kit pylons fit.

I also know the -15 and -16 variants were externally the same so, if this kit is a reasonable rendition of a -15, that's OK by me. I'll take it and get on with construction.

Any P-47 experts out there?

TIA

Ed R.

Reply to
robbelothe

What version was the old Hawk kit?

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
frank

Arii made one, here is a link to the one I just did for an event this weekend.

You'll be able to see who it was for from the picture. All in all not a bad kit, I do think the wings are a bit thick.

Tamiya probably has the best P-47, which is in my stack to build soon. Hawkeye

Reply to
Hawkeye

Here is an excerpt of Tom Cleaver's review of the Tamiya razorback (kit no.

61086) at the Modeling Madness website:

"The one thing about the cowling is that only the late version cowling flaps are supplied, which means you can only make a P-47D-11 through P-47D-23 sub-type."

Doesn't mention the pylons, however.

HTH Pip Moss

in article snipped-for-privacy@c28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 10/10/06 11:34 PM:

Reply to
Pip Moss

Ed, I just did a Google search on the P-47D-16-RE razorback you are looking for and found a ton of stuff. Copy the underscored lines and past them in the Google window.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman