P-47 Propellers

Does anyone know of a source for aftermarket Thunderbolt propellers in

1/48th?

Here's why:

The P-47 was manufactured with three different propellers: the Curtiss 12'2", the Curtiss 13' and the Hamilton Standard 13' paddle blade. The Hamilton Standard is used on the Academy and Monogram bubble top kits, the Curtiss 12'2 is included with the Monogram razorback, while the Curtiss 13' is included on the Testors and on the Monogram P-47N.

The Hamilton Standard unit was used on only three production blocks-- the -22RE razorbacks and the -25RE and -27RE bubbletops--for a total of about 1,800 airplanes or 15% of total production. The Curtiss 13' prop was used on 15% of the P-47D razorbacks and 84% of the P-47D bubbletops. All of the P-47Bs, Cs and Gs and 84% of the P-47D razorbacks used the Curtiss 12'2" prop. Also there is some evidence that some P-47s had the Hamilton Standard unit installed in the field, although it is unclear exactly how many.

Reply to
Mike

Ultracast makes a 1/48 Hamilton Standard, but that's all I could find.

One of the nice things about the 1/32 Hasagawa kit is that they give you all of them, as I recall...

Reply to
Rufus

I have found resin replacements for the Hamilton Standard and Curtiss wide blade propellers:

Ultracast: #48103 1/48 - P-47 Thunderbolt Hamilton Standard 4- Blade Propeller

KMC: P-47D Curtiss Propeller (wide blade) 1/48 $ 7.00 48-5015
Every T-bolt kit has the original Curtiss prop in it so I doubt it is available in aftermarket.

The Tamiya 1/48 P-47 at least includes all three propellers in the box.

Steve

Reply to
newst