Hasegawa 1/72 F-14A VF-41 'Gulf of Sidra Incident'

Hi there,
Just picked up the Hasegawa 1/72 F-14A for Aus $10 at our recent
Western Australian Model Expo. (WASMex - well done to all involved)
It's a nice kit (look at all the bits!), but I have a few questions.
1) There is a parts diagram which shows several parts 'not for use' in
the aircraft depicted in the kit supplied decals. Does anyone know
what all the blanked out parts for - F-14A+/B/D?
2) Additionally, of the 4(?) aircraft depicted in the kit, there are
several choices to be made as to certain features such as the tail
shape etc.
Now, I have recently obtained from eBay the Superscale Decal sheet
72-337 (I obtained it for it's E-2C decals). It also depicts the
F-14As from VF-41 that shot down a pair of Libyan Su-22s over the Gulf
of Sidra (1981). My question is - does anyone know which parts
configuration for the Hasegawa kit do I use to most accurately
represent one of the two aircraft (I believe 101 or 107) involved?
Any help is much appreciated.
Graham
Reply to
agentbalzac
I believe that the 'F-14 in Detail & Scale' and/or 'F-14 Color and Markings' books by Bert Kinzey have photos of the SU-22 killer aircraft.
Reply to
Pauli G