Hasegawa 1/72 F-14A VF-41 'Gulf of Sidra Incident'

Hi there,

Just picked up the Hasegawa 1/72 F-14A for Aus $10 at our recent Western Australian Model Expo. (WASMex - well done to all involved) It's a nice kit (look at all the bits!), but I have a few questions.

1) There is a parts diagram which shows several parts 'not for use' in the aircraft depicted in the kit supplied decals. Does anyone know what all the blanked out parts for - F-14A+/B/D?

2) Additionally, of the 4(?) aircraft depicted in the kit, there are several choices to be made as to certain features such as the tail shape etc.

Now, I have recently obtained from eBay the Superscale Decal sheet

72-337 (I obtained it for it's E-2C decals). It also depicts the F-14As from VF-41 that shot down a pair of Libyan Su-22s over the Gulf of Sidra (1981). My question is - does anyone know which parts configuration for the Hasegawa kit do I use to most accurately represent one of the two aircraft (I believe 101 or 107) involved?

Any help is much appreciated.

Graham

Reply to
agentbalzac

I believe that the 'F-14 in Detail & Scale' and/or 'F-14 Color and Markings' books by Bert Kinzey have photos of the SU-22 killer aircraft.

Reply to
Pauli G