Re: 1/72 Me-109F kits?

Just noted the two new 109F-related decal sheets on Eagle Strike's

> website (example: Augsburg Eagles, Pt. II for Bf-109F-2, F-4, F-2 > Trop, F-4 Trop). > > Are there any *good* 72nd F kits out there? I'm suprised that > Tamiya/Hasegawa hasn't done a little backdating on their G's to make a > decent F. I'm not enough of a 109 expert to know how difficult this > would be. > > How's the Heller or Italeri kits? I built the Heller F when I was a > kid, and can't remember many specifics about it. > > Thanks!

IIRC, the Heller F is way out of scale. Frog did one that was okay, but obviously not up to today's standrads.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I believe the Italeri is considered to be the best.

HTH,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

The Italeri is your best bet these days, but they missed a panel line around the fuselage, so if you want it right you need to fill and rescribe the fuselage. I too wish Hasegawa or Tamiya would come out with one. Jack "the 109 nut"

Reply to
Jack Horstman

Have there ever been any rumors about a Hasegawa or Tamiya 1/72 -F? Considering all the aftermarket sets and decals for the -F, one would expect that a new kit might make sense.

Reply to
Pauli G

Not having paid much attention to 109 kits since I only build US a/c I have to ask how hard it would be to convert an early G kit to an F? Surely there wouldn't be much involved? There must be a suitable kit.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

You can try converting the Hasegawa G-6. The cowl bulges are separate so it can be done with a little help. I did it and was quite happy with the result!

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi

Yes, you can convert early G-s back to F. It can get tricky in spots, but not impossible. It just seems funny that with all the 109 kits out there, no one has nailed a good F yet. Jack "the 109 nut"

Reply to
Jack Horstman

Didn't Italeri do one?

Reply to