1/48 Italeri TBF-1 Avenger

Is this a rebox of the Accurate Miniatures kit>?

Jeff Barringer

Rufus

Italeri instructions, though :-(

If you can get this buy it, we managed to get stock on the week it came out but since then our suppliers have been out of stock - it went very quickly.

Reply to
David Pennington

No, it IS the Accurate Miniatures kit.

They are back in business.

I have the new vindicator kit from them, and surprise of surprise, there are errors in the kit. Wing mounted MG in wrong place, and clear canopy section that should be solid panel. Slight sink mark wrapping around the fuselage sides.

Still a winner, I have the Hi PM Vindicator kit, and I have now stopped working on it.

AM

Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Reply to
AM

FWIW Some published photographs of Vindicators show that the solid section of the canopy had structural members showing. I suspect that the original intent was for an all glass canopy and they simply decided to replace the glass with sheet metal in some panels. It could be that they originally were looking at a three seater and when they changed their minds just filled in the canopy. There certainly doesn't seem to be any other logical reason for such a long canopy when there were only two guys in there.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey