No Future :(

Hi NG,
I`m running out of Future, and I`ve no idea how and where to obtain it in Germany. Amazon.com says: No shipping to Germany.
Anyone with an idea?
Thanks in advance, Peter
According to Matt Swan's "Complete Future Guide",
In Germany you can find a substitute for this product under the name "Erdal Glnzer" or "Aldi Stodil".
T2

And a little further in the document it says you can get it in Germany "Germany - in DroMarkt or Mller stores and also Marktkauf." Here is the link: http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html T2

Am Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:14:36 -0800 schrieb Tom:
[....]
Hi Tom,
some years ago a kind soul from Yahoos airliner group sent me a bottle of Future, `cause I sent him some selfmade decals. Unfortunately my decalprinter went nuts in the meantime and it`s too expensive to achieve a new one. Before that I used `Stodil` and it`s way not the same as Future. Right now I`m a Futurejunkie :). May be I find a way, `cause my brother lived for years in New Zealand, to get some `Clear` from there. But I`m afraid, he has to renew his connections first.
Right now I`m building the century series in 48 scale and I need the Future urgently. Mostly for the canopies and also for the decals. A touch of thinned Future on, decal on (no more silvering) and at least some thinned Future for protection as second coat. Done in minutes, nothing else compares.
Thank you for your kind and fast effort, but I`ll keep on trying to get my Future :).
Kind regards, Peter

While I don't know that great models will ship to future to Germany ... they do sell small bottles of future ...
http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=GMWFUTURE3
John
--
snipped-for-privacy@food.skaterat.net
All foods should be removed to reply
Am 11 Feb 2011 13:49:22 GMT schrieb John McGrail:

again [....}

John, as far as I could see they don`t. And more important, they mention in the description: Do NOT dilute with water! I diluted Future always with water to meet my needs. And in the Future description stands explicitely: Dilutable with water. So it maynot be the same, and they use another name for it.
Maybe nitpicking, but it seem to cost some money that I don`t have to discard (who has?).
But anyway, thanks for your comment, Peter

No point looking in New Zealand. Klear was discontinued here last year and is almost impossible to find. I have one bottle left and after that is used I am also screwed.
Tony Christchurch NZ
On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 08:32:12 +1300, Stadia

Does this help at all?
http://www.longrangelogistics.com/2010/03/02/magic-wash-redux-johnsons-klear-renamed /
Wulf
On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 02:28:11 +0000, Wulf Corbett

Thanks for the info, but that is not available here. The only Pledge multi surface cleaner listed is in a spray bottle and does not set as a coating, is only a cleaner
Tony Chch NZ
Am Sun, 13 Feb 2011 08:32:12 +1300 schrieb Stadia:
[.....]

Thanks Tony,
it saves me a lot of effort. BTW, my brother lived first in Auckland, later in Napier.
Greetings from Berlin, Peter

You are welcome Peter. I have the family and friends checking nooks and crannies in any supermarket and small grocery they are near but no luck so far. I also need it to do ballast on an N scale railway layout, sigh.
Tony
On 11.2.2011 4:36, Peter Wehle wrote:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html
Quote:
n Germany you can find a substitue for this product under the name "Erdal Rex Glnzer" or "Aldi Stodil".
End quote.

Here in the UK Future floor polish was renamed as Johnsons Klear. It is also known as Pledge Multi-Surface Wax. Can you find that in Germany?
Nick P
Am Fri, 11 Feb 2011 21:22:50 -0000 schrieb Nick P:
[....]

Yupp, Klear would be OK. I don`t trust Pledge, looks like another mixture. I did investigate their homepages :). And the shipping costs would be much smaller than from the US. First I`ll give Hannants s try.
Thanks, Peter

IIRC, the UK Klear has totally changed formulation and is now in no way usable. I was able to obtain a couple of bottles of the old stuff via a local discount store, but when that runs out I'm screwed. The UK version was always thinner than the US, AFAIK..
Regards,
Moramarth
Am Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:21:14 -0800 (PST) schrieb Moramarth:
[....]

Moramarth,
here`s what I found a few minutes ago in a german forum regarding Klear in the UK:
="A phone call to SC Johnson revealed that the product is being withdrawn altogether, and being replaced by a new product that bears no relation whatsoever to the liquid Klear we all know and love. This presumably will also affect Future in the US..." This message is from 2009!
I`m really looking for someone who says I`ve got a bottle left. Even for the double price (modelers are mad, aren`t they). But preferrably not from the US (UPS is a gangster :) ). Right now I have 40ml AFAIK 4 or 5 floz left.
Sad but not dead, Peter
What's the shelf life on this stuff? I'm going to buy a pallet load and start shipping world wide. 'course it may have dissapeared from the shelves since I bought my last bottle.....
On 11/02/2011 1:36 PM, Peter Wehle wrote:

Peter - I sent you an email. If it doesn't arrive, please email me at
nospamBoris_in snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.au
Remove 'nospam'for the real address.
Regards, RobG (the Australian one)
Am Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:57:17 +1000 schrieb RobG:
[...]

Rob, it`s really hard to get Future. I`ve sent you 3 mails, 2 were rejected. I still hope, that the third to your yahoo address will make it.
Kind regards, Peter
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 04:36:40 +0100, Peter Wehle wrote:

I saw the subject line and thought it was a reference to the Terminator films... "No future, but that what we make" :)
Sorry I've never seen Future in the UK and from what I've read here I don't think I ever will now. I guess it must have contained some ingredient that TPTB deemed to be too 'bad' for us... bloody nanny society!
--
Chris