Squadron Feb. Flyer, 1/200 Arizona

Got the Feb. Flyer to-day, only a week after the Jan. flyer! One can only hope this means that the March flyer -before- the 1st of March.
But I doubt it.....
Also, they have the 1/200 Arizona marked down. I guess it didn't sell out. Not too many people have an extra room for a single kit. (I must confess that I picked up a 1/200 Yamato at a firesale price or I'd be tempted.....)

One of the things that I found annoying as a kid building the Revell ships was the "box scale" approach that made the kit fit standard boxes rather than a constant scale where different ships could be displayed together. So now I concentrate on 1/350 for ships. A single 1/200 becomes a bit of a white elephant. Also 1/200 doesn't mean that much advantage over 1/350. Now if they went 1/96 you could do detailed crew operations on deck. It also means standard after market doesn't apply. I was in a local hobby shop yesterday and they have two on special buy sale price.
Val Kraut
Val Kraut wrote the following:

I wish they had a 1/35 scale model of the ship I served on in the Navy, but I probably couldn't afford it nor find a place for it since it would be 20' long. :-) The nearest I got was a 1/350 model which was only 2' long..
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

1/35 is another constant scale - so my bet is it sells - there are several already in thet scale - PT, Italian Patrol boat and Schnellboot - I have both in my stash. 2" scaled up is only 20" not oversized for what's out there.
Val Kraut
On Feb 9, 11:51am, snipped-for-privacy@ripnet.com wrote:

Just got your February flyer ?? Mine came the 19th of January !! They must have some weird mailing schedule. Cliff
"They must have some weird mailing schedule.
Used to be they shipped in bulk to regional reps that delivered to the post office and timing was a regional problem and maybe they all didn't leave on the same day. May still be the same now. I've been tracking two packages from Amazon vis the post office - one arived at my post office 3 days ago, the other this morning. The post office efficiency and workload is another factor.
Val Kraut