Wingnut Wings 1/32 Gotha Bomber !

Mmmm, anyone done biz with these guys?
I may have to take the plunge on this beauty.
Craig
http://www.scalemodelnews.com/2011/01/gotha-heavy-bomber-thunders-in-from.html

a link to the specific model from Wingnut. You can even view all 40 pages of the instructions. This appears to be a class act. I've only built the 1960's WWI Revell kits so this would be quite a departure.
Craig
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3006
Musicman59 wrote:

Their kits are certainly a class act - I want their D.V and D.Va Albatross, and Roland D.VIa kits.
...holding out for the scratch to order all three at once. Just got hold of a 1/32 F/A-18F from Trumpeter, and I "need" a 2x12 cab...first.
--
- Rufus

Ah, Wingnut! What you can do when you're a millionaire and a Knight to boot... (For those who don't know, the "Wingnut" is Sir Peter Jackson's fingerprint - as in Wingnut Films) For another example of how you can follow your hobby when you are in this happy state, check out: http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index2.html Use the "Select a range" box and scroll down to the bottom - "Peter Jackson Figures"
Regards,
Moramarth
Moramarth wrote:

...but when he's not fabing kits, he's doin' it 1:1 -
http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/vintage-aviator/vintage-aviator-ltd
Which from what I heard was what/how Wingnut evolved from. Now THAT'S how ya do it...
--
- Rufus

My only bitch with Wingnut models is the scale. 1:32 is simply too big for my limited display space. I asked them and there are no plans to do any kits in 1:48.
Tony, Chch NZ

In a way I agree that 1/48th is probably the best scale for aircraft in general, I also favor 1/35 for armor and 1/350 for ships - each seems to be a magic point for size and detail. But the World War I aircraft almost cry out for a larger scale like 1/32. One look at the ad in scale modeler and I had an order placed. If you can fit a WW II bomber in 1/48th, you should be able to accomodate a WW I fighter in 1/32. I tend to be a purest on scale - I grew up on Revel Box scale - very frustrating when the Battleships, destroyers, crusiers, and Carriers are all the same length set by the packaging of the time. But now and again you have to make exceptions.
Val Kraut
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:07:19 -0500, "Val Kraut"

My display limitations are due to the fact I live in a small rented flat/apartment and have display space for about 200. I have built just over 100 and have another 100 in my stash. I am only building one of each aircraft (one Spit, one Hurri, one Mossy etc) with the exception of the Ar-234 as I did an extra 'wif' in IJN markings with an Ohka hanging underneath. All my models go behind glass to keep them intact. I have to be very picky on what I buy and some kits have been disposed of as I won't have space to display them. All my kits are 1:48 and the largest built is an Italeri U-2 with a Trumpeter Fw-200C in stash. To display that last one will need a specially made lexan case to sit under a tall cabinet. The Hippo Gotha will just fit in my largest cabinet once built,.When I came back to the hobby a couple of years ago I settled on 1:48 for reasons of eyesight, detail and space available. The only none 48 scale models I have are some 1:144 to go on a 2.4m by 1.2m N scale railway layout that is crowding me out of my living area
Tony Chch NZ

I just ordered the Gotha and Pfalz D IIIa, waiting for email they've been shipped. I usually don't do WW I but these looked too good to pass up. I'll post first impressions when I receive them.
Val Kraut
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:05:56 -0800 (PST), Musicman59

Currently own the LVG C. VI, Junkers J. 1, Sopwith Pup RFC, and Albatros D. Va. They are outstanding kits that will assemble in a straight forward manner to give what, I think, are the best WW I kits to date, in any scale. I ordered them direct from Wingnuts and they arrived quickly and well packed. First rate product and first rate delivery.
Currently contemplating the Gotha, Hansa-Brandenburg W.29, and the Roland D. VIa. The Hansa is a definite, the other two involve justifying the expense...
On Feb 9, 11:43am, snipped-for-privacy@ripnet.com wrote:

I have the Brisfit, the W-29 and the Gotha each of which are works of art just in the box. Yes, you order directly from Wingnuts and they are very, very prompt with responses and delivery. Just the instruction "book" is probably $ 20 of the costs of the kit, a truly amazing publication within itself. Friends have already completed the Junkers J.1 and the Bristol and they are truly amazing models. Despite the numerous parts the kits go together in a relatively simple manner and the finished products are something to behold. I would not hesitate in the least to recommend the kits and the company.....both are excellent!
Cliff Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I just got my Albatros DV.a. Awesome model.
I do have a question, In the instructions there are blue circles for options, How do you know which options to use?