Trumpeter 1/32 A/C list (small)

from the Great Models email newsletter:

In 1/32 Scale: Trumpeter P-38L, Su-27 Flanker, Fw.190D-9, AV-8B, A-7E Corsair II, F-100D Super Sabre,

The A7 and the F-100. Wheeeee!

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I'm looking forward to the F-188, the P-38and the AV-8B but the Fw-190D-9 is a head scratcher since Hasagawa just recently released a new tool 1/32 scale kit of the D-9 and it's quite nice.

I have no problems with duplicating another available kit if the earlier version is a dog and, in this case, if we were talking about the earlier Hasegawa kit of the D-9, I wound welcome a new one by Trumpeter. However, the new tool Hasegawa kit is quite nice and state-of-the-art and I think it would be difficult to improve on all that much.

I was hoping "Trump" would contine focusing on other, currently unavailable or currently crappy 1/32 scale kits. Just my 50 cents worth.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I agree. the newsletter also mentioned a 1/32 TBF Avenger. And the world really does not need another

190 or 109 in 1/32. I hope Trumpeter goes for increasing the 1/32 line of DIFFERENT airplanes..

Craig

Reply to
Craig

If I've been following the news elsewhere correctly, the Fw190D will be a new 1/24 scale release. Chek

Reply to
Chek

Somehow I think the Flanker is going to be about the size of a pool table. That probably isn't going to stop me, though. I can stop any time I want. I just don't want to. Now go away, and take that straitjacket with you.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

The Trumpeter 2004/2005 catalog lists the Fw190D-9 in both 1/24 (kit 02411) and 1/32 (kit 02226) scales.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Please, please, PLEASE...I'd like a 1/32 P-61...drool...

Reply to
Rufus

I have a 1/32 ID Models vac Flanker, and while it's not quite the size of a pool table, you certainly could make a nice serving tray out of it...

Yeah - won't stop me from buying TWO of them...DROOL...now how about a

1/32 Mig-23 and a 1/32 Su-22 for desert...DOUBLE DROOL...
Reply to
Rufus

me wanna ju 88 nightfighter.

Mmmmm...an Me 410...

Reply to
Rufus

Thanks Dave, I stand corrected. :) Chek

Reply to
Chek

he 219?

Oh-yeah...dare we dream of a 1/32 He 111?..

Reply to
Rufus

thrm there would have to be 1/32 v1's and hs's.....and pe and resin and and......

was there ever a rumour of a 1/24 Me-262?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I already got a 1/33rd He-111, by GPM, released just a few months ago, state of the art. Costs about $10

I got a 1/32 P-61 from GeMir, state of the art. "Lady in the Dark." Costs about $20. Comes od CD and you print it out on your inkjet.

I got a 1/33rd Avenger from GPM. State of the art. Costs about $10. Has folding wings, complete ..... and I mean complete, interior in both interior green and bronze green, and the three color Pacific scheme. Interior comes with seat belts!!!!! LOL.

I got three Ju-88s, in 1/32nd or 1/33rd, from ModelArt, GPM and Halinski. The last was released this month and has the white wash over green scheme done just stunningly. Model is highly weathered. It costs 8.18 Euros (about $10) and surpasses anything I have ever seen in plastic.

I got an older 1/33rd (10 year old design) Me-410 coming in the mail. Cost $3. 1/33rd scale. It is OK for a starter kit.

Whoops. No got a He-219

I got a 1/33rd Su-27 from Halinski (10 year old model, OK, but not state of the art) and one in the mail, brand new design, coming from Maly Modelarz.

I got a 1/33rd A-7 from GPM in SEA brown, green and green. Full bomb complement. Highly weathered. Costs $8.

Halinski has just released a 1/33 Fw-190 which I haven't seen yet. Delicious, no doubt. GPM has the Fw-190D in 1/33rd which I have.

No got a F-100.

I got a 1/33rd Halinski P-38 with metallic finish done quite nicely, with varying reflective silver panels. "Marge" My plan is to recolor it in Photoshop into "Yippie."

You guys just aren't paying attention. This stuff is here and now. You can get these models inexpensively at ....

other good sources .....

Buy that Ju-88 from Halinski. It is, IMHO, the best large scale model ever produced. But not for long. Each new release from Halinski tops the last.

And quit whining about "I want this, I want that ...." You sound like a bunch of spoiled Americans.

I guess I too am spoiled, with some of the best models around that one can afford to buy, stash and build.

....../V, Estes Park, Colo.

P.S. Got a nice 1/33rd Me-262 also from GPM with splinter and mottle done to perfection. Wheel wells are perfect RLM 02. But I gave it away to a friend I met in Colpar Hobbies one day. He was shocked at how nice the model looked.

P.S. Most of these models now have vacuform canopies available from the aftermarket. Price, oh about $1.00. You want to see those interiors in all their glory.

P.S. And for ship guys, the sky is the limit ....... latest stunner, a SMS Lutzow in 1/200th from GPM. Has aftermarket PE and gun barrels available, plus separately some PE railings and stairs. Digital Navy 1/250th Yamato is also released this month.

P.S. My Halinski Ju-88 is currently in the glue shop waiting room (shelf in kitchen), where tomorrow I can grab it, go down to the basement, and reinforce key structural parts with 1 mm cardboard and a spray can of 3M Super 77 glue. All parts are already scanned into the computer for personal use so that I can recreate parts if I mess one up.

Reply to
Vess Irvine

No, how about an A3J Savage, or an Ra 5C Viggie ?????????????

Or {gulp} an F3D3 Skynight :-)

Or they could really go over the top and make a 1/32 B 17 !! :)

Azzz1588

well hurry up and start building it, so the rest of us wusses can have one in injection plastic..

Su-25 with FULL weapons loadout... drool.... Not listed I know, but wow.. whatta kit that would be... right there on the shelf (unbuilt) next to the 1/32 A-10

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

I agree! Don't forget a real nice 1/32 Skyraider too.

Reply to
Mark M

Well I seem to remember that Trumpeter announced the list before the Hasegawa release was known, so maybe they wont do it after all, or maybe the have already sunk too much money in mould making to just stop.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen