1/32 Super Hornets from Trumpeter...

...BUCKETS of DROOL!!!

Just to add my own comments to the reviewers, something that seems to have slipped right past him is that it looks like Trumpeter are also planning F and G variants - given the photo of what is clearly (hmmnnn...sorry 'bout that) an F model canopy, and the inclusion of a sprue containing ALQ-99 pods. And the sprue with two sets of seat parts. These will build up into LARGE kits if the dimensions are correct - something nearing the size of an F-14.

Just looking at the pics, the seat doesn't seem quite right to me, but that's easily solved with resin, which is what I'd do anyway. And I'm a bit disappointed that the landing gear aren't made up from multiple parts, but I can do some scratch building there, too. What I really hope is that they didn't repeat the two biggest problems in the 1/48th scale kits - the sizes of the wheels/tires and the exhaust nozzles. And that they captured the shape of the aft fuselage at least as well as Hasegawa did (the Revell kit is slab-flat wrong). The 1/48 manufacturers made the mistake of simply copying F/A-18A-D parts for inclusion on a Super and that just ain't right, folks...hope this one's right...

...I'm already starting the procurement fund for all three...DROOL...now

- where's my 1/32 Mig-23, Su-22, and P-61?..

Reply to
Rufus

Hope they can run to a spell-checker on the decal sheet this time as well.

Reply to
Flakmonkey

if anyone does a 32nd SU22 then i will drop my kegs on here all to see!

no matter how expensive, its a kit i want (i hate F18's anyway, just like the F16 so no loss to me...)

Reply to
Jules

you mean it's not united snakes air force?

Reply to
someone

how did you become a russophile?

Reply to
someone

Better do it over on the binaries group.

Reply to
Flakmonkey

got some good "engrish" examples for us?

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

From the 1/32 Lightning sheet - Sqdn Ldr becomes Sow Lord. I'll drag some out next time I visit the attic, the Wyvern has some particularly good ones.

Reply to
Flakmonkey

So they would have you put 'snakes' on a plane?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

You mean like THIS?..

Rufus

keep the lice off your piano and the crabs off your organ.

Reply to
someone