Revell 1/32 Aircraft

I did a search for 1/32 aircraft on their website. Only two kits came up. An Apache and a Bf109.

Can that be right? I bet Revell Germany has most of the 1/32 kits out now, for 3 times the "regular" Revell kit price...

Revell used to have a huge 1/32 line of aircraft. Was hoping to get again their line of modern jets again.... just hard to believe that they only have two kits in production now.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Check some of the outlet places - Toy Liquidators has had some serious deals on the recent 1/32 Phantom, Hunter, and Tornado kits as memory serves.

Reply to
Rufus

where are they, rufus?

I was hoping to see again the F-14 and F-16. Did they make an F-15?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Did an F-15D/E which wasn't an E at all.

Cheers, Sean.

Craig wrote:

Reply to
Sean McFarlane

They also did a F-15C, but that hasn't been in production for a long time.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

None of the ones around here have had these for quite a while and seem to have gone back to mostly AMT stuff.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Outlet malls along interstates. Toy Liquidators and KayBee outlet stores (not to me confused with regular KayBee mall stores) have the same merchandise. Kaybee filed for bankrupcy last week and they are closing 11 out of 12 in my state, leaving only one outlet mall store open. Toy Liquidators were not mentioned in the announcement but appear to be connected if one visits both stores.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Revell made an F-15C and an F-15 D/E (Strike Eagle prototype). The F-15C I think is rather nice. I've seen them on e-bay for 20-40 bucks. The F-15D/E is boxed as a Strike Eagle but it's really an F-15D that was modified by McDonnell Douglas to be the Strike Eagle demonstrator. Still it's a nice kit, but it's not a generic Strike Eagle. I've seen these on e-bay for about $15-25.

I don't know much about the F-16 and the F-14 has a decent reputation. The F-15 and F-14 both have recessed (albeit a little deep) panel lines. Don't expect Tamiya quality on any of these birds as they were tooled in the late 70's and early 1980's. One the other hand though, you won't be paying a Tamiya price either!

Gene DiGennaro Baltimore,Md.

Reply to
Gene DiGennaro

Last week KayBee toys, the parent company of Toy Liquidators, announced that it was closing all KayBee stores. This probably means they will be closing all the Toy Liquidator outlets too. Rats! Another cheap source of kits gone.

Yes, Revell made a F-15C Eagle in the late 1980s that included a Vought ASM-135 ASAT anti-satellite missile.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

there's a kaybee liqui near here. it always has a lackluster assortment of airfix. usually modern jets and one 109 kit. blecch.

There's one I know of in the outlet mall in Lancaster. I would suppose they'd be in just about any outlet mall, though.

Reply to
Rufus

Yes - they made an F-15C and an F-15E/Strike Eagle in 1/32. The C is OOP and hard to find, but I believe the E is still around.

I'm working on a (second) RoG F-14A kit right now - I know the Tomcat is still available, and I also have a 1/32 Revell F-16N stalled on my bench at the moment too, that someone gave me.

Check Model Expo and/or Hobbyland for better pricing and random sales on the big Revell kits.

Reply to
Rufus

Right - it's really B#2 in the Strike Eagle Demo config.

Makes a perfect starting point for a conversion to an Agile Eagle STOL Demo jet, though - it was B#2 that was also used for that airplane.

Reply to
Rufus

Yeah - but you have to keep your eye on them, though. I usually get a tip by word of mouth that such-and-such is on liqudation there. I've seen eveything from the big Revell stuff to some great deals on Monogram PBY's to AMT airplane kits; the 1/72 XB-70's and flying wings most recently. And I'm sure is varies from place to place.

Reply to
Rufus

BINGO.

Reply to
Rufus

And with some work, you can put the Teknic cockpit in the Revell F-14A - I've done it once, and am in the process of doing it again. I'd also like to try one using the new Black Box F-14A cockpit.

The worst feature of the Revell Tomcat is it's landing gear, IMO. Been doing some substantial strach-work on my latest, and it's been enough to justify the two (soon to be three) Tamiya kits I've also got. Not to mention that with all of the goodies I've added (LANTIRN, AIM-9's, and AIM-7, GBU-10's, cockpit, etch, decals...) I've definately come close to, or most likely exceeded a Tamiya-scale budget...

Reply to
Rufus

XB-70s and XB-35/49s rolled through here a few years ago, followed by Revell 1/32 F-4s, Tornados, Hunters, and some 1/48 Moskitos and BF110s. I've visited several TL/KB outlets throughout the midwest (on trips around Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana) over the past several years and there is some variety, but not much.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

i you see anyones 1/48 b-17 in any model cheap, please snag it for me. i have an urge to bash an aphrodite aircraft. a big one.

They're located in an outlet mall in Lancaster here, too. Whether they had any plabne kits I don't know. My last visit was in search of an early Knox truck in diecast. Apparently I missed it by six months. :(

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak