This Monogram M48 A-2 tank is 1/32, correct ?

item on website says 1/35, but I thought Revell/Monogram only made a 1/32 tank series.
Confirm ?
thx - Craig
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W 1340767&I=LXZWR8&P=K

Add pictures here
✖

Nope. All early Monogram kits in "3/8'" scale were actually 1/35 and scalewise the M48A2 is interchangable with the Tamiya and Academy ones. I used bits of one several years ago to make an M48A2 from a Tamiya M48A3 as an example.
The 1970 series ones -- Pzkw. IV, M3 and M4 US tanks, Sd.Kfz. 232 and M8 armored cars - ARE all 1/32.
Cookie Sewell
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 22, 6:14 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

thx for the info. I had all the 1970 series. I remember they cost $5 each and they could be ordered for home delivery. Got the tanks in one box as a present for Xmas.
Craig
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 22, 9:14 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Shalom.
Drats! In March of this year I had a chance to get two of those Monogram M-48 kits at $5.00 each and i passed them up because i thought they were 1/32 and thus would be too big to use with the Tamiya M-48 A3 kits for a conversion.
Maybe next year if I see one I'll be able to grab it as at least now I know that it will be of some use.
Cheers from Peter
Add pictures here
✖

Is 1/35 all that different from 1/32? And doesn't it assume that a kit is precisely scaled as advertised. Might be worth a chance to try the mismatch.
WmB
Add pictures here
✖
WmB wrote the following:

Yes, it is different, most noticeably when putting the same item in both scales next to each other. Not good for mix and match, dioramas or when having same scale models lined up on a shelf or in a display case. When it comes to figures, there is about 6 inches difference in scale height between 1/32 and 1/35 with 1/32 being taller. A 6' figure in 1/35 is about 2" tall. A 6" figure in 1/32 is about 2 1/4" tall A 54mm figure is closest to 1/32.

One would hope so, but one shouldn't assume. You know, ass-you-me. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
>> Is 1/35 all that different from 1/32?

Ah... the only 1/32nd figs I ever get to see are for pilots hunkered over joysticks.
WmB
Add pictures here
✖

Hi there.
Have you seen the recently released Master Box set of styrene pilots in 1/32 scale in standing poses? http://www.mbltd.info/3201.htm
Cheers from Peter
Add pictures here
✖

Airfix did a complete line of 1/32 multipose figures, GI's, Marines, Desert Rats, DAK, probably other Germans and Japanese too. I just don't recall the exact sets off hand.
The Desert Rats and DAK were recently reissued with the Airfix 1/32 Crusader tank kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/Airfix-1-32-Crusader-III-Tank-Figure-Desert-Rat-Set-/330445206463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf011b3bf
Add pictures here
✖
Monogram's M48A2 is 1/35th scale. That said, it is also a kit dating from 1957, and the molding is rather primitive. If you're used to modern Tamiya and Dragon kits, you're in for a bit of a shock. The tools and spare track links are molded onto the fenders, for instance, and the muzzle brake is molded solid. The road wheels are the correct diameter, but the tires are overly thick, so the overall diameter of the wheels is oversize by about a millimeter. The stowage rail welded to the turret sides is depicted as a raised plastic rectangle, for some reason. The top louvers on the engine deck are reasonably well- done, but the rear exhaust louvers on the tail plate are prroly represented. The track end connectors don't actually connect anything-- they are centered on the track blocks, instead of being in between them. The track sprockets have oversized drums inside the toothed ring, and are not realistic. If you want to do an M48A2, best bet is to use the Monogram upper hull (with the molded on fender details replaced with sheet styrene), and kitbash it with the Tamiya M48A3 kit. You'll need the Monogram cupola hatch, as well. Gerald Owens

Add pictures here
✖

In addition to what others have said, there is an old detail/conversion set running around from LS?, Lo Model? soemthing like that that had an updated cupola, barrels and other details, I think to convert it other versions. It's supposed to work with M48/M60. I have at least one in the back I can check on for the name. Long OOP maybe on eBay or other old kit websites. The improved detail is probably worth it.
Also you should replace the tracks, I have AFV Club or maybe it's the same brand as the detail set, maybe both, I'll have to check, but I can't stand those screwed up end connectors myself.
Cookie ought to know the name off the top of his head, he's a walking freaking encyvolpedia he is.
Frank
--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be
On Aug 26, 11:51 pm, grey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote:

Lo Models made the M48A5/M60A3TTS/M48A2GA2 conversion set to convert either the Tamiya M48A3 into the A5 or A2GA2 or the old Tamiya M60A1 into an M60A3TTS. It was designed to be used on only one kit with the rest going to the spares since it included only one main gun mount and one set of late style air cleaners, but three different main gun barrels. Easily remedied by someone with some styrene tubing and rods of the appropriate diameter or the ability to copy the main gun mount in resin.
I gave the low profile cupola with M60Ds for the A5 and the German type cupola for the GA2.
I believe the only hull details it provides were the later style air cleaners (one set) and rear view mirrors for the German version. I think it also added later style head lights and guards for the A5.
Lo Models also made the late style T-142 individual track links for the M60/48 too.
Add pictures here
✖
(Gray Ghost)

Give the man a seegar! That's it. My intention is to improve the Monogram kit with those 2.