Has Anyone Used These Trumpeter Aircraft Stands?

am guessing the model on the box is a 1/72 kit?
I don't build that scale and am wondering if they are big enough for 1/48 or 1/32 WWII size kits.
thx - Craig
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W 1179653&I=LXZZE3&P=K
Musicman59 wrote the following:

Make your own with clear plastic rod.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Thx for the idea. Thought we were talking Star Trek IV for a minute...
Craig
....crap...I used to live in Camarillo. I still can still get over there on a day trip, I'll have to check them out.
--
- Rufus

Tom wrote:
Rufus wrote the following:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/pls/pls90293.htm
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

That's what I'm thinking - display case(s).
--
- Rufus

Tom wrote:

I have one. My 1/72 Heller CR 714 fits on it. The verticals have differing contours on all 4 sides so I suspect you can put up to single engine 1/48 comfortably. Cute idea, price isnt horrible. Bout what I paid retail at the LHS.
One of the following posts is right. You could buy acrylic rod and cut and finish a small block of wood. But by the time you are done and you still have to put a hole and mount in the plane...
Frank

and hopefully find the correct center so it does not fall over...
CW
Musicman59 wrote:

I generally improvise - the box the kit came in usually works, or/and I have a tendency to collect foam packing blocks from work. I can cut those up into any size/shape I want or use them as is. I don't paint on them though...strictly use them as construction stands/aids.
I paint on cardboard chunks...which I also get from office discards. Use till useless, throw them away and start with another. Again - the kit box works for that too.
--
- Rufus