Has Anyone Used These Trumpeter Aircraft Stands?

am guessing the model on the box is a 1/72 kit?

I don't build that scale and am wondering if they are big enough for

1/48 or 1/32 WWII size kits.

thx - Craig

Musicman59

Musicman59 wrote the following:

Make your own with clear plastic rod.

Reply to
willshak

Agree. This is where I go...

Granted, its only a couple of miles from my house, but I would imagine that you might find similar sources elsewhere.

T2

Reply to
Tom

Thx for the idea. Thought we were talking Star Trek IV for a minute...

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Musicman59 wrote in news:cceafbe8-42c1-47bc-81fa- snipped-for-privacy@r27g2000prr.googlegroups.com:

I have one. My 1/72 Heller CR 714 fits on it. The verticals have differing contours on all 4 sides so I suspect you can put up to single engine 1/48 comfortably. Cute idea, price isn?t horrible. Bout what I paid retail at the LHS.

One of the following posts is right. You could buy acrylic rod and cut and finish a small block of wood. But by the time you are done and you still have to put a hole and mount in the plane...

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

I generally improvise - the box the kit came in usually works, or/and I have a tendency to collect foam packing blocks from work. I can cut those up into any size/shape I want or use them as is. I don't paint on them though...strictly use them as construction stands/aids.

I paint on cardboard chunks...which I also get from office discards. Use till useless, throw them away and start with another. Again - the kit box works for that too.

Reply to
Rufus

....crap...I used to live in Camarillo. I still can still get over there on a day trip, I'll have to check them out.

Reply to
Rufus

and hopefully find the correct center so it does not fall over...

CW

Reply to
Musicman59

Rufus wrote the following:

willshak

They have partial sheets or 1/8" acrylic also, Rufus. I make acrylic cases for all of my finished models.

Keeps the dust out and if your so inclined, you can do small dioramas as well. I made wooden right angle jigs many years ago so cutting out and finishing the edges of the acrylic is the relatively time consuming part.

T2

Reply to
Tom

That's what I'm thinking - display case(s).

Reply to
Rufus