Anyone have horse drawn Breda kit?

wondering the kit has the horse as posed in the cover art. Usually horses are offered in a static resting pose....

thx - Craig

Musicman59

Well, that soldier won't get that horse to cooperate by looking him in the face like that. You want to lead a horse, you have to look where you want to go. The horse won't follow a person who doesn't seem to know where he's headed. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

as heinlein used to say, you can lead a child knowledge but you cannot make him think. oh, horses?

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: : : as heinlein used to say, you can lead a child knowledge but you cannot make : him think. oh, horses? : I prefer:

You can lead a horse to water. Making it float on its back - now you got something.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

that's like teaching that pig to sing. or something.

Reply to
someone

Hi there.

Here's a reply that is on topic. VBG

Thre is no horse in the Horse-Drawn Breda kit. It is a mule. On top of that the two front legs are not splayed the way they are illustrated on the box art the are oriented rearward not frontward. Also, there is a huge hole in the mule's back that is at least 2/3 of the side and back of the mule. Ths hole is covered by the pack frame. The figure trying to lead the mule is one piece with the two arms already attached to the body. Both figure's heads are molded on the bodies which are one piece. There are separate packs for ech figure but bayonets etc. aare molded onthe figures and are not seaparate items. You do get two Carcano rifles that are separate items.

I bought my set for the 20mm Breda to put on the back of a Tamiya LRDG truck.

I was *EXTREMELY* disappointed in the pose and construction of the mule as it was so much different from what was shown on the box art.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

My personal fav, was on a poster my friend brought back from the SAC base he was stationed at last.

"You Can Lead A Horse To Water, And You Can Make Him Drink. You Shove His Head Under Water, And Suck Out His Ass"

I wish I could show you the picture of the horse, and senior NCO's on the poster !

Actually, he brought back a few posters, some of which are unprintable here., But very funny.

Reply to
AM

It doesn't surprise me that the kit contains a mule but doesn't the box art does look very much more like a pack horse than a pack mule?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Hi there.

The box art might look like a horse but the one I bought and opened and based my reply on definitely has a mule in it right down to the mane and long ears.

The mule would have been welcome had it been posed as it was in the box art and if it did not have that huge gap in its back where the pack goes.

Fortunately I had bought the kit for the 20 mm Breda gun and not for the mule or figures. I did not know that Italeri would mould a figure in one piece with both arms attached. I thought such mouldings were a thing of the distant past.

At least the gun looks good.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

kim wrote: : : It doesn't surprise me that the kit contains a mule but doesn't the box art : does look very much more like a pack horse than a pack mule? : I had it pegged as an ass. :-)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: : : that's like teaching that pig to sing. or something. : "something"? As in 'arald, the flying sheep? Mind you, he doesn't so much as fly as plummit! Ba-a-aa-aa thump!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

mooooooooooooooo! splat?

Reply to
someone

on 1/29/2009 7:56 PM (ET) Musicman59 wrote the following:

By the size of the ears, that appears to be a Mule, which is known for its stubbornness.

Reply to
willshak

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: In article , snipped-for-privacy@realtime.net (Bruce Burden) wrote:: : :> "something"? As in 'arald, the flying sheep? Mind you, :> he doesn't so much as fly as plummit! Ba-a-aa-aa thump! :>

:> Bruce : mooooooooooooooo! splat? : Run away!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Found these if they are any help

Painting guide - I assume it depicts the actual model

Kit review - in italian but with lots of detailed pictures of the sprues

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

No, the mule in the kit is not posed as the box art shows it. Look at the third sprue in the second link and you'll see that the front legs are oriented rearwards and not frontwards like they are on the box art.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

Yep, see what you mean.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

thx much for the foto link. As a previous poster commented, yeah, that is one big hole on that donkey's back... gonna pass on this kit, even though it has great diorama possibilities

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59