Man this kit arrived fast

My USS Arizona has docked in San Francisco. the coffee table size box is still sealed. Each kit comes in its own Stevens Intl box.

You know if it never gets built which has a high rate of certainty, I could glue legs on this thing and it really would make a good table...

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Give me a slip-cover and I think I've got enough big Anime kit boxes for an easy chair. Throw in the 1/200 Yamato, 1/72 Snowberry and the

1/16 V2 and I've got a love seat.

NO MORE BIG KITS

(Repeat this mantra untill Arizona urge dissipates or kit is sold out, which ever comes first.......

NO MORE BIG KITS NO MORE BIG KITS NO MORE BIG KITS ........

Reply to
rfranklin

I have that 1/200 Yamato too! 1/35 PT boat, Snowberry, 1/32 tamiya jets. 1/32 Mossie, 1/350 Tamiya ships, 1/32 B-25 and 1/32 He-111 arriving next year. I could tell the wife I bought new furniture but that probably would not work.

Reply to
Musicman59

Where the hell would you ~put~ all those?????

Reply to
The Old Man

"> You know if it never gets built which has a high rate of certainty, I

The problem here is if it's any expensive kit so you want to do it right.

Doing it right takes research both in books and the hobby magazines - nothing like being half way through the build and the kit reviews in the monthly magazine point out some problems you can now no longer correct. The road wheels supplied with the kit are correct for the prototype in the Gazornenplatz National Museum but the units delivered to the army had 2 more nuts and they were hexagonal not square. So you wait for the reviews. Then there's a rumor of a new book on the subject with all sorts details - so you wait some more.

Then there's the after market stuff that makes it more realistic. Finally it gets announced - you're convinved you need it - but will it ever hit the suppliers you deal with. You find the stuff and wonder - did anybody ever order from some hobby shop half way across the world no one ever heard of?

Then at the last minute another after market supplier comes out with some even neater additions - along with an unknown release date. More worry and wait.

So you're finally ready to start - you head off to the hobby shop for the correct paint and learn that the paint you need was discontinued 2 months ago. After an extensive search you find an alternate that will be delivered from across the sea within the next two months.

OK - now you got it all.

The original kit supplier announces the kit is out of production. Egads the chance of getting a second kit if you screw up parts on the first is now zero unless you want to pay exhorbatant prices on eBay.

Then you get busy at work, and have to redo the guest room so your in-laws can do extended visits. Unfortunately this was your kit building room - everything gets put away in the attic, basement or garage.

Your kid brings home a new cat that destroys everything in sight not put away - you now have to model in the defensive mode. You make preparations in the garage for a work area.

By now it's all too much to put up with any more, the pressure is two much, you get a divorce and move in with yout buddy on the softball team.

You ex-wife sells all the crap in the attic at a garage sale - the super kit and supplies brings in $14.25.

Just Build the Damn Thing While You Have the Chance - I Just started the Italieri S-100 with crew and some after market - I'll race you!

Many years ago I bet the owner of a local hobby shop I would finish a new kit before he would. We both selected a subject - mine was a Tamiya Mutt - his was a jet aircraft. I won and put the completed kit on display in his showcase. About a month later I stopped by and found everything in the store, including my jeep, had been auctioned by the state for past taxes. Sometimes you just can't win.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

...go BIG...and stay home to build! I'm planning some major 1/32 purchases over Christmas - starting with the new Mig-23B from Trumpeter...for starters. The big Super Honet(s) and Night Attack AV8B are on my list as well.

Then there's the new Arado and He 111 from Revell...when are those supposed to be on the shelves? Droool...

Reply to
Rufus

On >

late February for the He 111

Craig

What Arado? in 1/32?

Reply to
Musicman59

...this one...droooool...

Rufus

i remember seeing bismarcj wreck pics with one of it's arados. this would make it really well. just the part of the ship it was on.

Reply to
someone

That would be a cool dio...

Reply to
Rufus

a lot of work but way cool.

Reply to
someone

Gives me a thought though - about scratchbuilding just the catapult and/or crane...on a wood base.

Reply to
Rufus

Rufus wrote in news:D4KdnZUxcLG5nEfRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com:

And at a MSRP of $41.25, emminently reasonable.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

with Jack and Rose on the bow too !

Reply to
Musicman59

the entire interior framing of the fuselage ????? Jeez....

Reply to
Musicman59

the actual ac is in it's little hangar on the deck. some kind of shell would be fabable.

Reply to
someone

Musicman59 wrote in news:57f3cae1-c669-4679-aa9b- snipped-for-privacy@y37g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:

I think the engine looks pretty damn good to. And the wingfold. For the cost, that beastie is a jewel.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

There's a resin kit of the catapult that was meant to go with a 1/32 resin Ardo

Reply to
rfranklin

...yeah...droooool...

Reply to
Rufus

I'm gonna start my research...I found some dock-side pics that would make a cool display as well.

Reply to
Rufus