A modeling question for those across the pond

this looks like a heck of a kit in 1/24. Can you tell what era this bus is? The older the better, but its probably a more contemporary
version.
looking for specs to figure out how big this kit is gonna be, length, height...
Craig
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W 1179653&I=LNAYVC&P=K

Looks like the "Routemaster" which was from the late 1960s-early 1980s IIRC.
They're about 30 ft long, 13 ft high and 8 ft wide.
Cookie Sewell
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote the following:

At 1/24, it would be 15" long.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 07/06/2011 19:48, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yes, that's a Routemaster. Lots of pictures here
http://www.routemaster-bus.org.uk /
Dimensions of the standard Routemaster here
http://www.routemaster.org.uk/index.php/the-bus/81-types/83-rm-the-routemaster-in-its-standard-form-built-1958-to-1965
Alan Dicey wrote the following:

http://www.routemaster.org.uk/index.php/the-bus/81-types/83-rm-the-routemaster-in-its-standard-form-built-1958-to-1965

That would make 27' 6' bus in 1/24 scale 11-3/8" long.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

thx - was hoping it might have been an earlier version.
Craig
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

which were the one's they took the motors from for the x craft, cookie? were they the 2 staircase versions?
On Jun 7, 7:21pm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote:

This Routemaster is postwar, so not the one. (I am not a genius, but I did pick up a book on London busses last time I hit the Transport Museum in London...!)
Cookie
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

methinks you are too modest. besides, i would hate to be a know-it-all or always right. how boring to have nothing to learn and never make mistakes. besides, you're also a raconteur and funny. between you and bill b and the other handfull of others, i get good info and fun. our brit contributors feed my anglophilia and have my gratitude.