"Ladders" on the side of the USS Yorktown ?

I'm sure I'm using the incorrect word, but it seems odd to add these things to the finished kit. See link.
Were they stowed away after all boarding is completed? Just does not
look right to see these things.
thx - Craig
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W 1179653&I=LNAPDX&P=K
Musicman59 wrote the following:

Just don't add them unless you are making a waterline model and want it to represent the ship being anchored out. Good luck finding 1/485 Captain's Gigs and crew launches to tie off to the ladders.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

This is one of those times where you want to get an actual picture of the ship in the phase of operation you are building. I believe they were taken in and totally stowed when underway. Also helpful in assuring a realiztic deck placement for the aircraft, and the right types of aircraft are included for the specific timeframe, along with the appropriate aircraft camoflage
Val Kraut

On 5/1/2011 10:49 AM, Musicman59 wrote:

Gangplanks they are called.
--