Learned something 'again' today

For the second time I 'won' something on ebay that did not turn out to
be what it seemed.
I now have two F-4Es in my attempts to get an ungunned F-4 in 1/144th.
A couple months back I picked up a Heller boxing of the old
Arii/Otaki/Crown F-4 because the picture on the box showed an F-4C or
D. When I received it it was just the E with the decals for a C.
This time it was in a Trumpeter box and supposed to be an S model. The
decals are, the fuselage is not. Think I'll try a little surgery on
them and see if I can get an RF-4 from one of them and shorten the nose
on the other.
Apparently you cannot get an earlier F-4 unless it is in the Otaki box.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad Modeller