Once Again: 31 Days to Go--What have you Finished?

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, 2003 is fast evaporating, and with it, the chance to finish models within this calendar year. For those of us who actually build (instead of wasting our time with this and other forums, not to mention the whims of SorHWMBO), what have you finished, and what more do you expect to complete under the wire?

My own output is again unimpressive in terms of raw numbers, though the individual projects were somewhat challenging:

Revell '68 Dodge Dart GSS, converted to GT with Ross Gibson slant six (my first real car)

Airfix 1/72 (it looks more like 1/76) Morris 6x4 15cw truck (from the

40mm Bofors kit) done up as an RAF mobile repair truck

Av Usk/Maintrack 1/72 conversion of the car-door Typhoon to the Centaurus Tornado

On the bench, with the prospect of completion this next month:

Heller/Ventura 1/72 conversion of the Tempest V to the Tempest I. Assembly won't be particularly tough, but the finishing involves either restoring some raised panel lines on the wings, or else scrubbing them all off and rescribing everything.

Sword SIKORSKY (did you catch that, Mr. Pasulkas? Let me repeat that: SIKORSKY SIKORSKY SIKORSKY SIKORSKY SIKORSKY SIKORSKY SIKORSKY) S-43 Amphibian. A nice kit, even if criminally unauthorized, but it is limited run, and I have this insane desire to do a Pan Am bird (kit options are only USN or USMC). This means an NMF finish, so I am going nuts, removing every last scratch, lump and seamlet from the usual small imprecisions one expects in even the best limited-run injection kit, before shooting SNJ. I've got the wing assembly just about done, and I'm about ready to mate the hull halves and attach the tail assembly. Decals will mostly come from the Airfix 1/144 Boeing 314, which are all pretty close to the right size despite the difference in scale. The sheet even (with juxtaposition) has the right reg number for one Pan Am S-43.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

too many to list...literally! I did a lot of OOB airfix,heller,old frog etc this year,all in 1/72.Mostly just filling in all the odd me109 and fw190 paint schemes. Some of my favorites of the year: Sword Beech Staggerwing...easier then I expected Revell He177...this one took a month Hasegawa MiG-17 painted with Testors titanium...my best NMF ever Testors/Hawk Me109 and Zero...parts box interiors and landing gears made these into nice little shelf models JMK vacuform Me109E-1 interesting cold war kit from Poland and what seems like a million others...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

my 2003 score: Started, not finished 20 +/-; bought, 30 +/-, finished, for the 4th year in a row: 0

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Actually, I've been pretty productive this year -- 13 finished (including a few started last year).

It's been a 1/72 year largely -- MiG-21 SMT, RF-101C, F-4M, etc. The 1/48th F-4EJ Kai was in process for a long, long time before I just decided to finish the thing.

I have five or six started but not yet finished (hope to get one of those completed by the end of this month).

Don't even ask how many I bought, but at my current output, I'm stocked through

2065.

I even set up a webpage with pictures:

Frank

Reply to
ROTORFRANK

Six (6) F-4EJ Kai Hasegawa, 72nd Eight (8) F-86F-30/40 Fujimi, 72nd Two (2) KC-135's, one E and one R 72nd Ertl Four (4) F-14D, Hasegawa, 72nd Two (2) F-101B, Revell, 72nd Two (2) F-15C, Hasegawa, 72nd One (1) 707-300, Heller, 72nd Two (2) Merlin, Revell Ger, 72nd Two (2) Sea King AEW, Revell Ger, 72nd Two (2) F-16C, Revell Ger, 72nd Two (2) F-16C, Monogram, 72nd

Currently working on two Harrier II +'s, and getting ready for a C-135FR. Also 1/72nd.

Then, in armor, all 1/72nd: Revell Germany M-1A1HA (4), Bradleys (4), Challenger I (2)

Been a good year, all in all.

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Well, I finally finished the Ferrari Testarossa I had started before my airbrush broke... Or was that in December last year? No, it must have been during this one. But then, as I was going to start another model, I got the flu and had to stay in bed for about 10 days, after which I wasn't in the mood to do any further model building. Then autumn and winter came, and given that I have to go out to climb the stairs to get to the room where all my stuff is, well, that is even worse for the mood... Now that December is arriving again and the weather gets warmer, I'll get back to model building again.

-- __________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke \_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru _H__/_/

'-_____|(

remove the "no_me_j." and "sons.of." parts before replying

Reply to
machf

Hmm. Y'know, I don't recall... oh, wait...

1: Lindberg P6E Hawk 3: Hobbycraft Hawk 75s of various types 1: R/M "A-18" (early boxing, F/a-18) 1- R/M P-51D

Not sure, but I *think* I fit a Gundam of some sort in there... know I started a few.

Very light year. Of course, given that I wasn't working for most of it... As far as "under the wire," I just got a Patlabor Griffon (1/60) I might manage to do. Tempted to see how it looks with BareMetal Black Chrome. Since my paint's several hours away...

On the really good side, though, besides finally having a job, is that there's a well stocked hobbyshop near work. Packed to the rafters with kits and paint and other goodies.

Reply to
EGMcCann

I finished 1 model this year.

The Hasagawa 1:16 Wright Flyer 1.

This was enough for me.

Francis Marion

Reply to
Francis Marion

Finished:

1/48 Tamiya AD-6 Skyraider 1/48 Tamiya P-51D Tuskegee Airmen

Finish before end of year:

1/72 DML MiG 17 (Completes my MiG 17 mini-collection: 1/32 Trumpeter, 1/48 Smer/Aeromaster)

Maybe finish before EOY

1/48 HobbyCraft A-4E

Just started

1/48 HobbyCraft T-33

Purchases - You don't want to know, except I actually bought a c..cc...ccc...car kit and some a...aa...aaarmor.

Sales - about half the number I bought.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

Finished? Err, um, uh, probably nothing. :(

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

That's not a work bench. That's an assembly line!

Good job.

WmB

WmB
1/72 Academy P-51B 'Joan' OD/NM AMT '34 5 window Ford 200mm Verlinden French Officer bust 1:1 bathroom from the plaster out, while keeping it operational as possible (it is the only one in this 107 yr old mausoleum :-) Also all new plumbing throughout the house. All done in the evening hrs. If anything will work to remove a modeling block, this will.
Reply to
Charles Ryan
120mm Medieval archer figure third IPMS large figure local show (Note A) 1/35 Panther A late with TC and six riders (Note A) 1/35 M3 Stuart Honey 1/35 Sdkfz 253 1/35 Sdkfz 223 with interior 1/35 M-24 Chaffee with major upgrade and cat face sheme 1/35 M-46 Patton in tiger scheme AMPS intermediate gold 1/35 M1A1HA 1/35 Porsche King Tiger with zimmerit 1/35 S-Tank Strv-103B 1/48 Me-2621A1 third IPMS jet plus OOB 1/48 jet local show (Note A) 1/48 P-47D razorback 1/48 Do-335 1/48 Ta-183 1/48 Buffalo converted to Finnish version 1/48 FW-190D9 1/48 Spitfire MkVc 1/48 Jaktviggen, grey scheme 1/48 Albatros DV 1/48 Albatros DIII 1/48 CF-104 checkerboard scheme 1/25 Monogram Mercedes 540K 1/??? Revell Flying Cloud 1/350 USS Hoga third IPMS plus OOB ship local show 1/350 USS Atlanta first IPMS Reagion II 1/350 USS Hornet 1/400 Flower Class Corvette First IPMS Region II 1/700 Prinz Eugen 1/700 USS Indianapolis 54mm knight Hospitaller

I know there's another couple tanks in there and at least two more 1/48 planes but I forget.

Note A-these three models took third IPMS Triathlon Region II.

Reply to
Ron

Finished one. Actually added figures, handling cables, reels and tarp to the

1/72 PKZ-2 finished last year.

Several contract models, but that does not count.

Started two duplicate Yak-11s, one gear up, the other down, for myself and the plane's owner. It would be a miracle if they are done by 12/31, but anything is possible.

It's hard to get anything done when putting on a new roof, all new windows, front and back doors, drier, son's bedroom complete overhaul and continuing kitchen remodel.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I know two i forgot:

A sec>

Reply to
Ron

Sounds like my list..... :( - 'cept I finished 1- 1/48th Academy Spit XIV, the morning of our show/comp, which I dropped on the way out of the front door of the house, thereby *stuffing it completely* - serves me right for getting ahead of myself....

Hoping to finish the following (but I doubt it!) Academy LVTP-7 in RoK scheme AFV Club Weisel with TOW missile (yes, I know - I'm building targets...) Revell 72th Bf-109 Revell 72th Hurricane

Ahh well, there's always next year.....

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

How do you find time to eat, sleep, and post to RMS??

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I built those twelve Russian assault troops, then built a Tamiya T34/85 for them to ride only to use the wrong type of wash and had the paint job lifted right off.

Then I built a Dragon T34/85 (1944 model) and as I was doing the finishing touches, I spilled a bottle of glue on it.

Now I'm building another Dragon T34/85 and the chassis should be finished, wheels done, and the track mounted by next weekend and I can then move on to the main body. Should take about four weeks to finish, since most of the detail stuff was finished already for one of the two predecessors..

Reply to
Allan Lindsay-O'Neal

Semi-retired......:-þ

Besides I can almost do 1/48 planes >