New Airfix kits for 2004

Just thought I'd let you know some news for 2004 from Airfix:-

They are to re-box the 1/35 British Challenger II from Trumpeter, its already in the UK and will be released this month, they are also to re-box the Italeri DUKW and M1A2 Abrams

New tools from Airfix are 1/72 Concorde which comes with a DVD and other presentation goodies. 1/72 Willy's Jeep, GMC Truck and a Landing Craft. Final new tooling is a 1/600 Queen Mary 2 again with a DVD and other stuff.

They are to re-box 1/72 Kitech Apache and Sea Cobra.

Re-releases include 1/32 Alfa Romeo, Bugatti and Bentley plus 1/72 Auster Antarctic and Avro 504K

Hope this is of interest

Regards

Nick

Reply to
Nick Willis

Good Gravy! Just how much money am I going to have to hide from SWMBO to get a 1/72 Concorde? That should be one basically unhideable box, too.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

"SWMBO"?

By chance, are you a faithful listener of a certain Atlanta-based radio personality?

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Re-Boxing Kitech kits? Oh how the mighty have fallen, Still I`ll most likely buy the rest though.

Reply to
Darren

Not the Italeri kits then? Airfix have reboxed a lot of these in the past few years.

John

Reply to
John Walker

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed (your wife in other words).

Reply to
Roger Demming

Airfix used to have their own boxing og the DUKW years ago. I remember building it.

Reply to
Roger Demming

Reply to
TSR2

English??? Leo McKern was an Australian! If he wasn't dead already the shock of this might have been enough to kill him!

John

Reply to
John Walker

unprecedented

This is true but he played a character written by John Mortimer who is decidedly English.

-- estarriol

Reply to
The shuffling Shambling Zombiefied corpse of estarriol

In article , Roger Demming writes

Originally one of the native titles for the immortal Ayshea, shortened to give the title of the first novel in which she appeared: H. Rider Haggard's "She".

Regards,

Reply to
Moramarth

They are in fact Kitech re-boxes (£8.99 retail!), straight from the horses mouth. I had a meeting with Airfix on Friday. They're also doing a D-Day set for £29.99 including 10 models (aircraft, military vehicles) and the Gun Emplacement, seems good value. Apparently they've spent £750k on new tooling this year.

The whole Heller catalogue will be available in the UK this year as well.

Regards

Nick

Reply to
Nick Willis

Very interesting, but who on earth are Kitech?

John

Reply to
John Walker

See here

but I'm still none the wiser.

Reply to
Roger Demming

beats the hell out of that SO pc crap. (signifigant other my ass.)

Right....I was just asking, since (in this area, at least), it is such a seldom-heard expression, but the afore-mentioned radio personality (

), uses it frequently. I was wondering if it had any effect on the public lexicon....

Reply to
Greg Heilers
[SNIP]

I think you'll find that Kitech used to call themselves Zhengdhefu

Reply to
Andrew Fraser

so what you're saying is,as bad as most people say old airfix kits are,they are gems in comparison?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Hear, hear. Although most Septics seem to think that culture is something you find in yoghurt....

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Now that's a VERY scary thought....the mighty have indeed fallen.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg